After stopping BCPs?? HELP!

sancarlos27

Reaction score
Hi all, new here. LOVE this site so far :)

Am TTC and went of BCP after 8 years a little over a two months ago- still no ovulation, no AF, nothing...Can anyone help give me an idea of when to expect this after going off BCP? I know everyone's different but I'd appreciate any input. I feel like I might be one who needs some assistance getting my normal cycle (heck I'd take an abnormal cycle right now) back...Thanks ladies!!!

You are right it really is different for everyone. I was on birth control for 5 years and when I got off my doc told me it would take 6 months to a 1 year. I was preggo 2 months later. Unfortunately I miscarried that baby. I got back on birth control for 6 months to regulate my periods and because I was having problems with cysts on my ovaries. When I got off I got preggo a month later.

Good luck to you!!! Hopefully your body will jump right back on the ovulation train :)

Sorry hun it seems it really does vary - have been off BCP maybe 3 months, and appeared to be regular right off, but I know a lot of people have been months. I was on BCP for about 12 years.

It's probably quite normal but I would see your doc if you are worried :thumbup:

Hi hunni sorry to see you are having problems with no periods and such.
Well I came off birth control in march and it took me 7 weeks to have my first real period, then 6 weeks and now am at the six week stage again and nothing so i'm sorry but you might be in the same boat as me where they are gonna be irregular.

Did you have a normal withdrawl bleed and how do you know that you have not ovulated yet are you temping or doing tests?
If my period does not arrive in a week then I will be visiting my Dr's as this should be not be the case. I would advise you do the same thing.
The only other advice I can give you is to try Agnus Castus as this has been known to bring on your ovulation/period and help regulate and make the cycle smaller.

Hope the :witch: arrives soon so that you can start a fresh and hopefully get that :bfp: that you deserve.
FX for you hun and sending loads and loads of :dust:

Did you have withdrawal bleeding after you quit the pills? I quit mine midpack and 4 days later I had AF.

Thanks so much- I can already tell what a great site this is- you're all so helpful!!!
Yes, I had withdrawal bleeding, but that was just my normal "fake" pill thing...I'm just waiting for something/anything to happen :)
Unfortunately I can't rely on the BBT since I'm a mouth breather and I've heard that makes it unreliable...

If you're a mouth breather, you could try vaginal temping

I went off BCP in April and it took almost 7 weeks (45 days) to get my first period. My next cycle was 29 days, and this last one was 39. So, I'm kinda still all over the place too. Before BCP I was around 30-35 days so it looks like that's about where I'll end up again. Each AF has also been different, with my first being extremely painful/nausea and very heavy, lasting 7 days. The 2nd was 6 days and not much pain at all and not as heavy as the first. This last one was only 4 days followed by 3 days of spotting and very light, but quite painful on day 1. I'm still all out of whack! :dohh:

Hello. I wasn't on bcp for very long. months only. after I quit to conceive I had my withdrawal bleeding and then my periods picked up there regular 26 day cycle. the only problem i had is i no longer get cm i get very little. not fun. when tmi: i used to get it in abundance.did that affect you.

To be honest, I'm still trying to figure out what to look for...That's great that you went back to your normal cycle so fast! I just got the Fertility monitor so I'm hoping that helps. Obviously, I won't start using it until I return to my pre-pill self...Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->