After the Amanda Holden horror show....

I missed this progamme , anyone know if its repeated??

This is baby No'3 for me and childbirth before for me was painful but soon forgotten ,
my son I had an epidural but it failed so had gas and air and daughter was planned homebirth , pain relief free and much better , your body kicks out its own pain relief
This baby is planned for pain releif free homebirth again :) xx

It's available on ITV's iplayer thingy - I'm making a couple of my male friends watch it now :)

Yay for home births! :happydance: After seeing the programme tonight, the only thing that's keeping me sane is the idea mine (hopefully!) won't be in hospital and will be a different experience

Awwwww I didnt think it was that bad at all - I thought it was a no holds barred good representation. I did feel really sorry for the woman as she lost control but I kept thinking get up and move as I have been told sooo many times that laying on your back isnt good.

ps didnt like the ventouse bit though ekkkk made the head go cone shaped

lol!! i was thinking the same! i sed to my hubby theres no way ill be screaming like that - i cant see me being very vocal to be fair! lol

she annoyed me to start with as all she was thinking about was herself and what her trainers thought of her - WHAT ABOUT THE MUM INVOLVED!! honestly, no thought to the mums whatsoever!

x

Awwwww I didnt think it was that bad at all - I thought it was a no holds barred good representation. I did feel really sorry for the woman as she lost control but I kept thinking get up and move as I have been told sooo many times that laying on your back isnt good.

aww i thought that too! dont fancy that or forceps lol!!! x

aww i thought that too! dont fancy that or forceps lol!!! x

I know the ventouse bit ! had no idea it looked like that, it looked like a plug on a chain that you'd find in bottom of the sea! crikey moses!
I think out of all the birth videos ive seen and people ive spoke to who have given birth thats the first one ive ever seen or heard of being like that.
I know its different for everyone with pain thresholds and situations you may face and you dont know until your in it how it feels for you but i think like they said she lost control, she got scared and it spirled way out of control, i think if she hadnt of laid down straight away too it may have been better for her.
it was very unlucky for her that the birth was complicated with baby being in distress for an hour and then having to have baby delivered that way but the most terrifying part was seeing the lifeless floppy baby at the end, i cant imagine the pain and fear that itself would cause, i was so pleased all was ok at the end.

i know that was awful!! baby was totally blue and floppy :( they took time to get it sorted to resussutate tho didnt u think????

i know that was awful!! baby was totally blue and floppy :( they took time to get it sorted to resussutate tho didnt u think????

Yeah i mean once the baby's cord had been cut he lifted upto mum and placed it on that sheet before they moved it over to that unit, but im sure in that situation even though they may be moving to sort it quick it would seem the slowest and longest frame of time ever.
I was surprised to see baby covered in a lot of blood as they pulled him out, most ive seen have just been covered in the white fluid. Is that normal?

I have had 2 babies and never screamed like that... I think she just lost control... i felt so sorry for her, Im glad this is not my first baby as i would be petrified after watching that!... I cried my eye's out after seeing her baby blue and floppy like that... it was awful!!

I'll be having my baby at that hospital (West Middlesex)... and Natalie (The MW) is one of my MW's... It was good to see her deal with a stressful birth like that as if she is on duty when i go into labour i think i'll be more at ease having seen her deal with a difficult birth already.

I'm trying to watch it on itv player but it keeps stopping! grrr.

Yeah i mean once the baby's cord had been cut he lifted upto mum and placed it on that sheet before they moved it over to that unit, but im sure in that situation even though they may be moving to sort it quick it would seem the slowest and longest frame of time ever.
I was surprised to see baby covered in a lot of blood as they pulled him out, most ive seen have just been covered in the white fluid. Is that normal?

I think the blood was the Mum's as she would have torn after baby being delivered in that way... it is normal for there to be blood.

I loved my birth experience :hugs: I cant wait to do it all again.

i suppose maybe they didnt want to scare her by taking the baby away so quickly, or maybe they didnt notice that it wasnt moving!

ok so I really dont see what the fuss is about...it wasnt that bad.

She lost control and started screaming but had no one there to snap her out of it they were all being far too nicey nice to her.

Yep ventouse is gross...baby would have been very bloody because she would have had an episiotomy to allow enough room for the ventouse.

The resus took no time at all...baby was delivered onto tummy - a standard thing they gave enough time for the cord to be cut an observations to be made - some babies will gasp and breathe on their own after a traumatic delivery - it didnt so they went and gave him oxygen.

What was so traumatic about the program?

Im watching it now I recorded it. Im not bothered about how much pain women appear to be in -it bloody hurts, there is no denying it and the pain can be terrifying which is why I think why some women just freak - I know I did! I lost the plot totally for about 30 minutes (which is when the midwife convinced me to have an epidural). But then this time round I know what to expect and know that the pain is normal......... when its your first, you have nothing to compare it to and so you cant help but think 'there is no way this is normal'

But - that was just me. Some women do cope better than others, but if you need to scream then do it - really doesnt matter xxx

I can understand why someone would scream in child birth....it hurts and quite a lot. Who cares if you scream anyway. There's no medal for a silent birth hahahahaha. I hate the idea of ventouse or assisted delivery. Messy business this birthing stuff. Thank goodness it's all worth it in the end is all I can say.

i mooed like a cow and did get a little frustrated at the pain and irratated by the midwife
but again i'm here 12 yrs later doing it all again .. i will just be more aware as to what i want .. and won't be so easyily led by midwifes this time .. they broke my waters far too early stating it would spead labour up ...mmmmmm no it didn't !!!! it just increased the pain ... x good luck !!!

...could some kindly second-time+ mummies please reassure me that it doesn't have to be the scream-fest that seemed to be?? :help:

It seems all my good work of reading, researching, hypnobirthing and calm preparation has been completely undone by 12 minutes of that programme! :blush:

I know. I'm also pooing myself now. Made the epidural look lovely :lol: xx

Hi sorry i haven't read all the replies but

Remember as the midwife said the lady made the pain worse by panicking if you try to stay calm and relaxed (i know it is easier said than done!!:flower: BUT you can do it!!!:thumbup:)

and also remember the epidural looked lovely but they also said that was what made the babies heart rate dip and made it necessary to use the ventouse!

I AM NOT saying you should not have an epidural no matter what, just think carefully. You will surprise yourself how well you can cope!!:hugs:

Everyone is different I have done it 4 times in water with G&A and love giving birth:happydance:

:hugs:

The poor woman was panicking something terrible, and no one was stopping her!

All she needed was someone to snap her out of it and get her breathing properly and I'm sure she would have been much better able to cope.

with my first I somehow managed to convice myself that I would cough and it would pop out (despite my sil having a very long and difficult delivery a couple of weeks earlier). It wasn't quite that easy, had to be induced for medical reasons so contractions were swift and powerful but it was all over in 4 hours and believe me they flew by.

Positive mental attitude is a big plus, good luck to all xx

so glad im not the only one who got scared by that programme

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->