After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

Floridasian I'm so sorry for what happened and will keep all 3 of you, especially Kyle, in my prayers. He seems to be a fighter!

Sorry for the lack of update. Kyle has been battling seizures for the past three weeks. It finally got under control with high dosage of Versed but as they tried to wean it down the seizures came back and now the same dosage that had it under control before is no longer working. If any of you are on FB would you mind posting my update to see if anyone in your circles knows anyone that can help? I'm pretty much at a total loss here as to what else there is that I can do.

This is what I posted on my FB page:

Dear friends, I've been too sad, embarrassed, and ashamed to post this update but I forgot that Facebook could be such a great source of information so here it is: I was admitted to the hospital on May 20th at 22 weeks and gave birth to the twins on June 3rd at 24 weeks. Our little girl Paige died in our arms after 10 hours and our little boy Kyle is now almost five weeks old but is still in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) fighting for his life. Kyle has gone through some extremely bad days battling seizures. The seizures were under control for a little while and he was doing better but they returned as the doctors tried to wean down his medication. His seizures are now getting worse and he's had 64 seizures in the past 24 hours!!!!

If anyone is or knows anyone going through similar situations, or knows anyone in the medical field that can shed some light on the situation, please do share!! Kyle's detailed NICU journey is in my blog here: https://micropreemiemom15.blogspot.com

Thank you!!

Sorry for the lack of update. Kyle has been battling seizures for the past three weeks. It finally got under control with high dosage of Versed but as they tried to wean it down the seizures came back and now the same dosage that had it under control before is no longer working. If any of you are on FB would you mind posting my update to see if anyone in your circles knows anyone that can help? I'm pretty much at a total loss here as to what else there is that I can do.

This is what I posted on my FB page:

Dear friends, I've been too sad, embarrassed, and ashamed to post this update but I forgot that Facebook could be such a great source of information so here it is: I was admitted to the hospital on May 20th at 22 weeks and gave birth to the twins on June 3rd at 24 weeks. Our little girl Paige died in our arms after 10 hours and our little boy Kyle is now almost five weeks old but is still in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) fighting for his life. Kyle has gone through some extremely bad days battling seizures. The seizures were under control for a little while and he was doing better but they returned as the doctors tried to wean down his medication. His seizures are now getting worse and he's had 64 seizures in the past 24 hours!!!!

If anyone is or knows anyone going through similar situations, or knows anyone in the medical field that can shed some light on the situation, please do share!! Kyle's detailed NICU journey is in my blog here: https://micropreemiemom15.blogspot.com

Thank you!!

Floridasian, I have been checking in on your blog periodically. I will repost this on my facebook page & also the other thread I am in. Hopefully you can find some help or answers.

I've been keeping up with your blog too, floridasian. I hope he pulls thru. He sounds like quite the fighter, so I'm sure all the seizures will pass. He's just cool hanging out in the NICU with nice nurses and letting his mommy sleep at night. Think of it that way. We're all here for you though! Hang in there!

Flordiasian, big hugs. I am checking your blog daily for Kyle's updates. My family is praying for Kyle. He is such a fighter and I hope the doctors are able to figure out a solution to the seizures. I tried to post a comment on your blog a few days ago but it would not let me. Not sure if you are going to check bnb again but I will post here just incase.

I learned a lot about NICU's after my girls were born 10 weeks early. There are different levels of NICU's (IV is the best NICU and III is a great NICU too) - do you happen to know what level NICU you are in? I am guessing a III or IV. My girls were in a level IV NICU, many of the babies in the NICU were born at other hospitals and flown in (helicopter or plane) from our state and even all over the country. I would not give up fighting for Kyle, there has to be someone, somewhere that can help him. Are there other hospitals in your area with more advanced NICUs? Our hospital was the top NICU in our state. If you would like more information or just to talk to someone, please contact me through a private message.

I shared your post on facebook - I am hoping by spreading the word that the right person will read your blog and can help you.

Floridasian- I've been keeping up with your blog and I am SOOOO happy for yall that Kyle is doing so well now! He is definitely a fighter! : )

I have been keeping up on Kyle's progress too! His improvement updates make me so happy. Keep up the good work Kyle!

Thanks girls - sorry I haven't checked in for so long. We're still going to the hospital three times a day and spending almost all our time there. Yes we're so happy that Kyle's conditions have improved so much in the last month. We still have a long way to go before he can come home. He's slowly coming off of oxygen but he hasn't even started being bottle-fed yet so that's the next big thing he has to master and with his brady spells (supposedly he had 8 yesterday) suspected to be linked to reflux or feeding issues it will probably take a while.

He's coming out of the incubator today and moving into a crib (they're all out of cribs right now so it'll have to wait until another baby goes home so Kyle can get hers). I'm so excited!!!

Floridasian, so glad to hear from you! Kyle is just taking "preemie" steps towards coming home from the hospital. I know they told me to expect my twins to go home around their due date, but they were also 30 weekers and didn't go through nearly as much as Kyle. Bottle feeding was tricky for my girls, they have to learn to breathe, suck and swallow all at once and that is asking a lot for a preemie. That is great that Kyle will be getting into a crib soon, that is such a big positive step!

Hang in there and take care of yourself and Kyle! I will keep following along on your blog - if you would like to join our facebook group, let me know! :)

Thanks savvy! Remind me again how old your girls were when they went home? Did they go home before their due date? I know they didn't go home at the same time.

Please PM me on how to join your FB group. I'm definitely interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->