after thinking long and hard TTC in October... I think?!!!

kirstylm

Reaction score
Well, after thinking long and hard and talking about every possible outcome/problem/financial probs etc.. my hubby and I have decided to TTC at the begining of October. :happydance:
I would have been at my new job a month by then so will be entitled to SSP and unless after being there a month I change my mind we are going to try!!!!
Very excited but also very nervous as my job is a 6 month fixed term contract covering for another lady maternity so wont know if my contract will be extended till she decided if she coming back full time or not?!!
So bit risky, but if we wait and I end up jobless in March then we will have to start all over again waiting a month at a new job i get so what the hell!!
Just hope im not taking a huge financial risk!!!!?!!!!! :shrug:

Congratulations!!

Could you pay the bills / mortgage / rent etc on just your hubby's wages if need be?? If so then I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Everyone I know makes do on whatever they have and there's always other options if for some reason your contract doesn't get extended - you can still get SMP from the government if need be (in the UK anyway)?? I don't think there is ever a good time financially unless you have just won the lottery!!

thanks lil miss pink! Your so right, there is never a 'perfect' time, there will always be somthing that isnt quite right. My mum said to me, once you've decided to start a family, thats it, you've made that decision and the time will never be right, you just need to let nature take it's course. And after my MC in may, i just cant wait any longer! I was meant to have my baby this christmas and I can't stop thinking how much longer Im going to have to wait!
When are u planning to try? I see your from Hertfordshire, I used to live in Watford!!

Congrats on picking a month! How exciting!

How exciting! Not long now then!? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->