• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aftermath of C-Section, lasting effect?

zorak

Reaction score
Hi,

I had an unplanned C-section on Sunday just past and I am a bit concerned about the appearance of my stomach. I put on all my weight on my belly and had a large baby (9lb 11 oz) which seems to have contributed to the damage. Now that the swelling is going down I can see the skin literally hanging off me. Where the incision line is sits underneath an overhang - like the type really obese people are left with when they lose loads of weight. Is this likely to tighten or am I going to be stuck with a flappy tummy?

I feel so vain - I could cope with stretch marks which I have in abundance but I hate all this extra loose skin.

I am 15 weeks pp and it has shrunk very much back to what it was ... Tiny tiny but of an over hang... Although wouldn't even call it that coz if I lost the bit of belly fat the skin wouldn't overhang anymore if that makes sense...

So now is more like I have a tummy that juts In where the scar is ....

I have no over hang now at 1 year post section. It takes time for the skin to shrink back after being stretched.

My body changed quite a lot as the weeks ticked by post-c-section. Wait a few weeks (I'd say about 10 weeks) and you'll start getting a better idea. Too early right now!

I had my second csection 12 days ago and don't have any overhang at all. I guess it depends on your skins elasticity. If its still a bit swollen then it will go back but if its just dead skin then I'm not sure... Maybe once you can start working out it will tighten. Give it some time though xx

Thanks everyone. I have a feeling some of it may be dead skin. I was quite slim before pregnancy and everything I put on was centered around my belly. My belly has really gone down already but I just have skin literally hanging off me particularly above the incision line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->