Age gap between you kids? Short age gap?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
So whats the age gap between your kids?

Those mainly with kids quite close in age - Is it hard? How old was LO before you found out you were PG again? What is/was routine like in your house?

I don't have two kids as you know, but having me and my sister so close together is what broke my mum and dad up.

7 months 3 weeks and 1 day age gap lol, enough said i think lol

That would make no sense if we didn't know Kabe was early LOL

there is 20 months between Charlie and Ethan and 23 months between Coby and Adam (i think, never been any good with Math!)

Charlie and Ethan were fine, both good babies apart from the milk allergy so i didnt find it hard atall, haveing them close together just seemed to work for me, i was already in baby mode with Charlie so it just carried on a bit longer from having Ethan. as they grew up together they became very close and it was lovely to see them running about and playing together.....they are 9 and 8 now and still very close, do everything together :)

As of yet i havent got in to a routine with Coby and Adam, Charlie and Ethan are still off school and Jase is still off work. im looking forward to Monday when they all go back and its just me and the boys, then i can get things sorted and make them fit in to MY rountine, i dont belive you should fit in around a babies routine, i think they should fit in to yours, some people think thats harsh but it works well for me, so im hoping it wont be hard this time round, fingers crossed it iwll be like it was on Charlie and Ethan.

Im hopeing Coby and Adam will grow up to be as close as Charlie and Ethan, Coby has really taken to Adam now and there is no jealously, at first Coby was very teary but now hes running about being his normal cheeky happy self :)

x

forgot to add....

Coz they were so close in age, Ethan gained alot from it, when Charlie brought words home to learn from nursery and school, i would sit and teach them to get and Ethan at the same time, so by the time Ethan got to school he did really well at reading.

I treated them pretty much the same age wise so they always did things together, so Ethan was always that little bit more advanced.

x

I don't have two kids as you know, but having me and my sister so close together is what broke my mum and dad up.
Not being funny to you, but that was probably going to happen anyway.. life puts strains on relationships, especially when you have a baby. No time together, bad feeling in the relationship will always cause problems and not everyone will have the same outcome. My boyfriend and his brother are a year and a few days apart and his parents have been together for about 26 years.

I haven't had the next one yet obviously, but I do feel the "baby tick" we will call it lol, I don't want too much of an age gap but im scared to go ahead for a second! Me and my brother are about 2 years and 2 months apart, and thats great.. we are close and used to go out together and stuff.

There will be 2 years, 9 months and 22 days (I think) between bump and Rae that is if bump comes on time xoxoxoxoxoxox

there is nearly 7 years between my son and my baby due 14th this month, i like it like that coz iv had a nice break between the two and now feel ready to start over again with a baby, also my son is now at school so i dont have a toddler plus a newborn which i personally couldnt handle...lol

so wobbles r u thinking of having another already? x

there will nr around 18 months between Rhys and this baby and i think it will be great. im already used to having a baby around and i hope theyll be friends :)

there is 14 and a bit month between my 2, yes at times its hard! but its worth it!!

Almost 2 years exactly (All but 6 days)

Ky was 15 months old when I found out I was pregnant. For me i think its a nice age gap.

there will be 2 years and 2 months between my 2. I personally would have preferred a little bit longer as I have really struggled this pregnancy and haven't been able to be with Seren as much as I wanted, plus I wanted her to have her time as a baby so I could spend time with this one whilst she was at school.I don't think that a close age gap necessarily means close children, I have seen how much friends older children dote on theor younger siblings. Still I am looking forward to having another,just hope Seren is ok with it all.

I had a 2 year gap, then a 3 nearly 4 year gap and then 13 month gap, then 2 year gap!!! If ound it difficult at times but worth it, i wouldnt have wanted to have a long gap and gone back to baby stage again. i am quite strict with my routine, normally we all get up 6.30 wash, teeth,dress, breakfast, i take big uns to school, younger ones to nursery- i go to college(other than thurs which is lil uns time wiv me) leave college 3.15, pick lil uns up, go school pick bg uns up! go home, dinner, chill out time, bath, story and bed at 6.30 pm latest! wednesdays and thursdays i work eves so i come home do dinner and OH takes over when he gets in. Saturdays are family days and we do something together and i spend time wiv older ones during the week eves for half and hour ish... hard work but i wouldnt change it 4 the world!!!! i am usually up til 2-3 in the morn doing college bits and catching up, but in all fairness i found that going from having 1 child to 2-3-4-5 easy. The kids fit around my routine, and i make sure i spend quality time with them all. xx:happydance:

wow mummyoffive thats one busy routine you've got there! good job

there is 22 month between amber n daniel and 19 month between daniel and thomas i think amber was bout 13-14 month when i got pg with daniel and daniel was 10 months old when i got pg with thomas yes its hard i wont lie wasnt so bad with the first two as i got into a routine but with daniel and thomas been quite hard its like having twins lol but then as im on my own anyway guess i find it bit harder and with the last 2 there is 4 yr gap so makes it easier

if your wanting another, id just go for it, imagine having twins with Caitlin, thats all its like, you just get one a few months later :) so long as OH is willing to do that little bit more with her when you get bigger, then all is good :)

He does good already - Im quite shocked! :D

Was just wondering though couple of good reasons not to go for it straight away esspecially as the end of my pregnancy was hard to cope with physically for me and I want to treasure Caitlin x

use it as a plus though, she gets more 'mummy time' as you dont tend to be too active, so she gets to sit and have fun with you for longer :)

He does good already - Im quite shocked! :D

Was just wondering though couple of good reasons not to go for it straight away esspecially as the end of my pregnancy was hard to cope with physically for me and I want to treasure Caitlin x

If you want to treasure her then don't have another baby yet. There is 14 months between my two and although I love them to bits I wouldn't recommend having such a close gap. Enjoy her Wobbles! If you have a tough 2nd pregnancy then it puts a real strain on being able to look after your LO, I personally think that getting pregnant so soon after having Ella is why Alex is so sickly, is asthmatic and why he was early. My body just wasn't recovered enough. There are people that cope and people that struggle, I struggled. Now things are a lot better, but I wish I'd just had Ella for 2 years and was about to have my 2nd now as the past two years would have been a lot more fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->