Age gap between you kids? Short age gap?

jumping into this thread, sorry,

kina: what were the problems you found with Alex after having him so close to Ella, just wondering if thats what Kabe was so early etc and if anything he's got going on is related to that

8 yrs between mine, not waiting that long again, we are going to TTC later this year! x

jumping into this thread, sorry,

kina: what were the problems you found with Alex after having him so close to Ella, just wondering if thats what Kabe was so early etc and if anything he's got going on is related to that

Alex just isn't as healthy. He picks up every cough and cold going, is asthmatic (although we haven't had that in black and white he's on asthma meds daily which have helped with his wheezing), he was 4 weeks early and developmentally is a lot further behind where Ella was at this stage. He was projectile vomiting daily from a few weeks old, up until very recently (I think the meds have helped with the vomiting as he's not coughing as much). Ella was very rarely poorly until she was changed onto formula at 10.5 months and when we started going to more toddler groups etc, Alex has been ill more than well since he was born. There may be nothing in it, but I'm sure that because I didn't get chance to look after myself after having Ella, i.e. building up my bodies natural stores to be able to support a baby, that's why he's never been as healthy. Also running around after a young baby is hard work when you're pregnant (as you know yourself), so you get very little time to yourself. It's a lot different from the first time round when the only person you have to worry about is you and your unborn baby so can sleep when you want and can be very precious about how you act whilst pregnant. When you have other LOs to look after you don't have that luxury!

Being early can cause asthma Kina?

Anywayyyy decided against it - we both said lets go for it then OH said maybe we should get some of 'us' back since it was a rough TTC journey and the panics with the 8 months of pregnancy etc theres not much 'us' right now obviously but with caitlin and pregnancy then a newborn again thats defo out the window isn't it for a long while from now then there was a part of me thiking no sod it lets complete now (only want 2) but *rambling aren't I* its a no maybe in a couple of years unless its taken out of our control since nothing is 100%.

Just wanted to add that there is 4 years between my 2...There is going to be 5 years this time but not through choice I wanted my 2nd & 3rd close together as Reece had just started school when I had Abi & I was having loads of time to myself (hairdressers e.tc) & I found it a big shock it was like starting all over again but it took me 3 yrs to get pg again so once again I have got my youngest into school & I am starting again.....not that I am moaning I am over the moon & cant wait till July...:happydance:

Being early can cause asthma Kina?

Babies that are born early are susceptible to respiritory (sp) illnesses and I do think that being early contributed towards Alex's wheezing.

I have a 21 month age gap, and whilst I am glad to an extent I done it, I find it hell at times.

Rebecca has always been a Diva, stroppy, tantrums, wanting own way all the time, and it was hard when I only had her, now with 2 its very hard.

For the past week I have been surviving on 4 hours sleep a night and no time at all during the day etc to catch up-I feel ill quite a lot and its down to bloomin' exhaustion.

My partner isnt the greatest in the world when it comes to supporting me with them, so I always turn to my mum, but there is only so much she can do!

Wobbles do what will be best for you hun, as you will be the onle carryign another buba and having to contend with Caitlin-there are pro's and con's to it, but if you had another you deal with it, no matter how hard it is!

Ya know what guys-this forum is my only form of social life other than Mother and Toddlers!:rofl:

Ya know what guys-this forum is my only form of social life other than Mother and Toddlers!:rofl:

Yup, with you on that. It's taken two years and I finally have a couple of friends who I see on a weekly basis (who have kids same age as Ella).

Bloody lonely isn't it KX? I'm getting sick of the same old shit every day!

Im never sat still enough to get to know people!

Have a feeling Caitlin is going to be as you have described Rebecca - she has already learnt how to shake her head and suggest NO in a temper :shock: :lol: Plus I was one naughty kid so if she takes after me we are in for a rough one! Tantrums in shops, spitting my orange at ppl through a straw in C&A cafe, biting ppls legs at bus stops .... an so on :blush:

Girls definately keep their mummies on their toes lol, but they're worth it! Look at all the cute clothes we get to dress em in ;) At least we can dress them like princesses even if they don't act like them!

I don't bite peoples legs now ... well not as much lol!

Girls definately keep their mummies on their toes lol, but they're worth it! Look at all the cute clothes we get to dress em in ;) At least we can dress them like princesses even if they don't act like them!

Yep, Buzz lightyear, Bob the builder, Postman Pat & Spiderman tops and any bottoms with 2 legs and a boy kiddy character on it! :dohh: From about 2, Jade hated dresses and girly things..........I feel like I have 2 boys :lol: but atleast she was/is laid back! :)

I don't have many girly picks of her at all, only when she was a baby! x

Hi i had my af when my son was 10weeks old 4weeks later got :bfp:and my dd came along one week before ds 1st birthday it was hard work at the start because kian still wasn't walking but now the are 2 and 3 and they are like twins twice the trouble but also twice the fun, im not sure if i would have them as close again as i didn't enjoy dd being a baby cuz i was so busy with ds

spitting my orange at ppl through a straw in C&A cafe, biting ppls legs at bus stops .... an so on :blush:

your still like that lmfao but now its alcohol :rofl: *kiddin hun xx*

well mine are 13 in Sept , 8 in June and my baby is 13 weeks today

I like the big gaps as it gave me time to enjoy them individually when they were little :D

I have 5 years betwen my eldest 2 and 17 months between the 2nd and third and 19 months between the 3rd and 4th, my youngest is now 3 and will be 3 and a half when this one is fully cooked!

The large age gap was nice with the first two as i had more quality time with the eldest til he was born and quality time with the baby as the eldest was at school, with the others it was hard work while they were little but worth every minute and they are growing up together and have very strong relationships with each other.

I think once you've had 2 it doesn't make a huge difference anyway lol

My daughter and son are 18 months apart. Obviously got pregnant when my daughter was 9 months old.

The first year was quite difficult with my son being a baby and my girl a toddler, both in diapers, both needy, etc. But the fantastic thing was when my son started crawling and then walking, then they amused each other and played and I had a bit more time to do things.

As for routine though, it's tough especially with businesses etc. Routines just kind of went out the door, especially when I needed to make business calls, deal with employees, etc. And it added stress to my parenting.

I don't regret having them close in age though as they get along fantastic and are quite close.

It certainly will be interesting how they will react to a new baby brother.

Hi i had my af when my son was 10weeks old 4weeks later got :bfp:and my dd came along one week before ds 1st birthday it was hard work at the start because kian still wasn't walking but now the are 2 and 3 and they are like twins twice the trouble but also twice the fun, im not sure if i would have them as close again as i didn't enjoy dd being a baby cuz i was so busy with ds

Actually, your last sentence did ring a bit true for me. Somehow, you miss out on one or the other's developmental stages because of the stress of dealing with two young ones and being so busy that you can't just sit back, relax and watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->