Age of daytime versus night time dryness; what's your experience?

Have you tried something that absorbs but allows her to feel wet?

DS was waking in the morning with a dry nappy then wetting it within minutes of waking up hence I decide it was time to potty train. At the time he was about 26 mths and once I'm mastered getting him dry in the day we ditched the night nappies.

Have you tried something that absorbs but allows her to feel wet?

You know, I'm really not concerned about it. We did EC (elimination communication) from the beginning which means that we've been working on bodily awareness and understanding where pee and poo go since she was about 4 days old. She's got that end of things pretty solid and just needs the developmental part to catch up. With how well she does near morning and throughout the day, I think just plain diapers will work fine. Also, I use store brand diapers that are not specifically night-time, so they don't keep her THAT dry :haha:.

I suppose if I run out of disposables, I could also use cloth; we haven't been using them, but we have them. They're a bit too small though... We'll see. I might just buy more pull-ups (generic, not name brand, though) when we run out of regular diapers.

Was curious as I'm looking for ideas to do with my boy.
He never got the idea of EC; but has started taking off his nappy.

At 23 mths I'd go for straight forward potty training. It's decent weather have a few days when he can be outside in the garden, potty nearby, and go for it.
If he waters the grass it's less stressful the your carpets. And you'll get things dried quickly on the clothes line.

Oma rwas dry at night from 20 months, he wasn't dry during the day until 2.5 yrs but he was still in pullups for poop, he was out of nappies full time at 3.2 yrs

Tom was another one was was dry at night before he was dry in the day.

He was dry at night by 2 1/2 - he would soak his nappy within 30 mins of waking up but it was dry when he woke up. But he flatly refused to toilet train until 1 day off 3 when he annouced he would wee in the potty now. I took the nappies away that night too and he's never had an accident. But he clearly was developmentally ready physically long before he was emotionally ready to do it.

What was the age range that you tried EC for? And I'm actually going back to my old ways with her at night because she didn't sleep that great last night. I will continue to do EC type stuff at night and assess her needs each night rather than give a blanket statement about how things will be.

What was the age range that you tried EC for? And I'm actually going back to my old ways with her at night because she didn't sleep that great last night. I will continue to do EC type stuff at night and assess her needs each night rather than give a blanket statement about how things will be.

He was about 8 months old

He was about 8 months old
Was that when you stopped? How long did you do it for? EC takes a lot of patience and tolerance of failure. Violet had a big gap where it felt pointless. It started when she started getting mobile (about 7.5 months) and extended until she was steady on her feet (about 13 months). After that point, she'd have a couple weeks here and there where she would do well with the potty. Even though you stopped with it, those months that you did do it, still teach him a lot.

After a week of trying I gave up :( Didn't realise that it would take so long...

Kaiya was dry from February last year at the age of 2.5yrs and has just had her first week of being dry at night at 3.8yrs

Though i'm expecting that to maybe regress soon, on the arrival of little man next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->