Age of daytime versus night time dryness; what's your experience?

SarahBear

Reaction score
Does the age of daytime training affect age of nighttime dryness? Potty use kind of clicked for Violet at the beginning of this month and I noticed that she went longer at night without peeing, at about the same time. I'm wondering if she may be dry at night on the earlier end, whether that means learning to get up to pee or not. I don't know if it really holds true or if later trained kids just achieve night time dryness closer to the time that they were trained than earlier trained kiddos. What's your experience? I have none. Also, she stays dry for most naps and gets up to pee and goes back to sleep, if it's close to morning time (otherwise she wakes up for a diaper change and nursing). Other times (again, close to wake-up time), she might get up to pee and then snooze while nursing for a while before getting up to pee again and being up for the day.

I found that it all coinsides as they they learnt to hold there wee better. Poppy was dry at night when she was day potty trained. And now freya is alot less wet at night now she uses the potty on and off during the day. Even holding most of her wee for the morning when she gets up. I know she will be ready in a month or so to be competely trained (20ish months now) But alot of people find that they don't become dry at night for a long time after beeing dry at night and it could be the other way too. Sounds like she's nearly there though, just let her do what she wants and it'll happen before you know it.

My DS was out of diapers in the day at 19 mo. and at night just after his second birthday. He was close for a good few months. I was waiting for 2 weeks of dry am diapers and he kept going 10-13 days and would have a wet diaper. We were away a lot of weekends then, otherwise I would have called it close enough. He would wake in the night to potty and still does at 2 yr 10 mo, but I also know that if he starts to fuss in his sleep and kicks his legs a certain way (we cosleep) that he needs to go. It was every few nights for quite a while but now it is only when his routine is disturbed and he falls asleep without the regular bedtime rituals.

My middle DD was out of diapers day and night from 15 months and she was dry at night before daytime. She was like a camel. I did EC with both of them. My eldest I potty trained a little past 2.5. I don't remember the details-- too long ago-- but I know that I would take her to pee in the night when I was pregnant and getting up myself in the night all the time. She would have been about 3.5 then.

SerenityNow, thanks for sharing. I did EC with Violet and we bed-share, so it's nice to hear from someone who has done the same.

I noticed since Bear has started sleeping through the night his nappy is dryer in the morning.

Ben was fully potty trained at 2.5 and 2 years later is now finally dry at night! I have no idea what or if there's any correlation but I'm not one for waking sleeping kids up, even to pee, I just can't do it, if I did he might've been dry at night earlier but I knew it'd happen eventually. He now goes to the toilet before bed (at 7ish) and doesn't go again until the following morning at 6ish.

Ben was dry at night long before he was dry in the day!
He just refused to wear a nappy to bed one night and that's been it ever since. I'm.pretty sure he had just turned 2 when this happened.
Dry in the day came about just before he turned 3.
Im still waiting for him to poo on the toilet :(

Ben was dry at night long before he was dry in the day!
He just refused to wear a nappy to bed one night and that's been it ever since. I'm.pretty sure he had just turned 2 when this happened.

If you don't mind me asking, have you tried anything to encourage the pooing in the toilet thing yet?

We've TE=BearFamily;32689083]
Ben was dry at night long before he was dry in Nothinday!
He just refused to wear a nappy to bed one night and thageen it ever since. I'm.pretty sure he had just turned 2 when this happened.

If you don't mind me asking, have you tried anything to encourage the pooing in the toilet thing yet?[/QUOTE]

Weve tried cold turkey, bribery, reward charts, soft toilet seats, forcing him to sit on the toilet, asking him to sit on the toilet with a nappy on.Nothing works. ive given up now.
He'll stillbe pooing in a nappy when he's 10 :(

We've TE=BearFamily;32689083]
Ben was dry at night long before he was dry in Nothinday!
He just refused to wear a nappy to bed one night and thageen it ever since. I'm.pretty sure he had just turned 2 when this happened.

If you don't mind me asking, have you tried anything to encourage the pooing in the toilet thing yet?

Weve tried cold turkey, bribery, reward charts, soft toilet seats, forcing him to sit on the toilet, asking him to sit on the toilet with a nappy on.Nothing works. ive given up now.
He'll stillbe pooing in a nappy when he's 10 :([/QUOTE]

I know it feels like it now. He is a clever boy and one day it will click for him.

Day and night came at the same time for ds1 roughly when he was 26 months as he got good at daytime dryness one night he refused to wear a nappy and he hasn't worn a nappy since.

Day and night has come at the same time (this week) for us too.
He's a heavy wetter and always leaked at night so I've gone from 2 night nappies and changes of clothes and bed sheets to dry.
Xx

DS was toilet trained by 21 months although he'd been using the potty/tiolet for a while before that, but 21 months was when he stopped using nappies altogether. He still isn't dry at night and he's 3 in July. He won't poo in his nappy, he'll take himself to the toilet, but he wees in it. I'm hoping he'll just get there in his own time and I'm in no rush as once he's up to use the toilet he wants to wake his sister up and that is no fun!

Jacob has been potty trained during the day for the past few months but still not dry on a night. He wees a lot less on the night.

For Joshua, there was about 6 month gap between day dryness and night time dryness.

Paige was potty trained at 27 months and dry in the night 5/6 weeks later. I never woke her to pee or anything, jut made sure she went to the toilet right before bed :)

Jaxon has been fully day trained since shortly after turning 3. He is still not night trained, and rarely ever wakes up dry. Most mornings he has a very wet pull up, despite having had him go potty directly before going to bed. He has gotten up a few times these past few weeks to go potty during the night, and woke up dry those mornings. But then goes right back to wet pull up the next night. So we may be on the verge of being night trained soon, but its hard to say for sure.

DD1 was 2 years 9 months when she finally decided she would tolerate knickers and use the potty/loo. Massively stubborn child so just had to wait until she wanted to get rid of nappies. Once she had decided that nappies were now satan incarnated then she became dry very quickly overnight. I think it was 2 weeks after being totally dry in the day she stopped weeing at night. Never had an accident!

Thanks everyone. It looks like there's no pattern.

I have no idea how long it will take us to get there, but I see Violet moving in the right direction. We bed-share and when she wakes up to nurse or because of being bothered by a wet diaper or full bladder, I have always checked her diaper and changed it as needed and put her on the potty if she'll tolerate it. I didn't check her diaper last night and just waited for her to ask for the potty. Near morning, she did. Her diaper was wet and un-like usual, I have no idea how long it was wet for. I'm thinking that with where she is with potty training, I could probably stick with that strategy opposed to actually checking. I'll change strategies if she starts leaking, but otherwise, I will just check the diaper if she won't go back to sleep and change it when she asks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->