Ages?

Sabbie

Reaction score
This post has probably been on a million times, but what age did u start to wean your LO? I want to follow docs, hv etc but frankly they arent always right.
Thanks

I did both of mine at 4 months but I'm in the minority.

6 months with both (well 2 weeks short of 6 month with my girl) they are both BLW... cant see why any one would want to wean early apart from for health reasons...

We tried at 6 months but she wasn't ready until 7.5 months.

6 months, I read that their digestive systems aren't ready before then and if they seem hungry before then to give more milk as it has more calories in.

In my weaning class they said he needed to be able to sit up unsupported, have lost his tongue thrust reflex and be putting toys to his mouth. We did BLW which is best done after 6 months as well as you don't have to limit what you feed them as much. He has whatever we're having as long as it's not too salty and obviously no honey.

My ds1 was 17 weeks(11 years ago that was the advice)
dd was 6 months
ds2 was 4months and 3 weeks and I couldnt hold him off any longer.

5 1/2 months but super gently. just let him pick at bits of fruit and veg if he wanted to. started blw at 6 months and by 6 1/2 months he couldn't get enough food. he's such a little piggy now.

dd was 6 months

no judgement with my question as "walk the walk" but why couldnt you hold him off? just curious...

17 weeks with both. With ds 8 years ago that's what the recommendation was and I was going to wait until close to 6 months (at least 5) with lo but Dr. advised we start with cereal to help with reflux.

dd was 6 months

no judgement with my question as "walk the walk" but why couldnt you hold him off? just curious...

I was ebf him,he was a very big baby and was constantly hungry.I was breastfeeding him all day and all night and he wasnt satisfied.Rather than give him formula I decided to start him on some pear puree and he loved it.
He was sitting up unaided and able to bring his own spoon to his mouth and he had four teeth and enjoyed chewing (I thought you had to wait till 6 months to do blw) so I took these as signs he was ready.Then at 6 months I moved him upto 2 meals a day,he didnt have 3 meals untill he was nearly a year old and then it was proper food not puree.

26 weeks when he could sit unaided and had lost his tongue thrust. We did BLW :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->