Aggh - A very long rant about my relations - may be slightly controversial

^^^agreed. We're getting help, but DH would never think of quitting his job. He has too much self-respect :thumbup:

I totally understand what you mean by this, I'm only 16 myself and without help from benefits I would be far worse off once little one is born but I would by all means have my family's support and my baby would definitely not go without, but I know a lot of girls who're my age who just see having a baby as the next step in a relationship, sort of like they've had sex, they've got 'engaged' so now having a baby MUST be the next thing to do. They don't consider the financial difficulties they might face or anything. My other half works nights and he works bloody hard as well, it just makes me sick to think people are having children just so they can get money or their own place :(

i have a mate like this, her sister is the same. They both intend to have child after child with no means of supporting them. My mate has a child who is disabled but all she seems to do is boast about the amount of money the disability people pay her, the car she got given for free, the driving lessons shes been given for free. Ok so she will never be able to work as her child needs 24/7 care but she doesnt take him to appointments, she doesnt takes him to his therapies and support groups. His clothes r my sons hand me downs yet her new baby is wearing designer gear because shes the only girl, after much gender disappointment my matte has her girl and thats that. She wants more children tho. And her sister disgracefully said she wanted a baby with a disability for mor money!! Yes its disgusting i cant believe im repeating it because its tragic!!!

It makes me soo angry to c people just blatantly having child after child then dumping them on whoever they can so they can pee the benefits money up the wall all weekend!!

I am on benefits myself now, my husbands company ran out of work, a huge contract got pulled and we managed to get by on 70 quid a week for 3 months before making the dreaded call to the social. Lots of people dont even know we r on benefits, i havent mentioned it to much of my family :blush: i am embarrssed to be having another baby with no way of supporting her myself. At the time of the trying things were great and we were looking at mortgages and houses, was hoping to have secured a new home by now :-( i just dont c how people can happily do this living on benefits. AND boast about it.

I know how it feels to be in need of help so i'd never tar everyone with the same brush i just cant understand my friend and her sister, they horrify me.

I can see where u r coming from with your cousins, they sound like they need to grow up a bit and take responsibility for themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->