Agnus Castus (Vitex) ladies - Lets see how successful it can be (2 BFP's so far!!)

Grrrr! Why do first response opks give me positives when I blatantly am nowhere near!

Guess they don't agree with me, nice after I have bought a pack of 30!!

:growlmad:

Just wanted to pop in and say I took AC from CD6 to CD15 but was experiencing terrible headaches and stopped taking it. I can't say that short time that I did take it though did anything, because I'm CD21 and no O. It's damn frustrating that I haven't even O'd yet.

I'll be trying soy isoflavens (sp?) next cycle to help O earlier. So sick of this!

hey ladies
id love to join this thread... i started taking AC about 10 days ago because my periods were irregular. i got them from holland and barrett and i take 2 tabs a day. the pack told me to take 4 a day but like LACE&PEARLS said it made my stomach upset and very bloated (not very attractive at all :p ) which is why i cut down. just waiting on the witch to arrive and hopefully i can have a normal period and start charting things properly.
xx xx

hi girls. can i jump on. i was diagnosed with pcos about 4 years ago. had very very irregular periods. did lot so research and along with some other things i started taking AC. i was pregnant within 6 months. now have a beautiful baby girl who is 9 months. we are ttc again so im taking it again along with the other stuff and must admit af arrived this month for the first time in 4 months. i take holland and barrett 2 twice a day as i did last time. it seems to agree ok with me. was told H&B bulk it out with unnecessary stuff so might try another brand when the supply i have runs out.
i dont take macca so would like to know if it would help too.
i think AC is great and well worth a try. good luck to everyone :thumbup:

hi girls. can i jump on. i was diagnosed with pcos about 4 years ago. had very very irregular periods. did lot so research and along with some other things i started taking AC. i was pregnant within 6 months. now have a beautiful baby girl who is 9 months. we are ttc again so im taking it again along with the other stuff and must admit af arrived this month for the first time in 4 months. i take holland and barrett 2 twice a day as i did last time. it seems to agree ok with me. was told H&B bulk it out with unnecessary stuff so might try another brand when the supply i have runs out.
i dont take macca so would like to know if it would help too.
i think AC is great and well worth a try. good luck to everyone :thumbup:

It's great to hear a success story! Thanks for sharing with us! Good luck with ttc #2 xx

thanks tayto, great to hear of other PCOS suffers who have lovely babies from taking AC!

Ooh - I wanna join! :)
Ive had reeeeally irregular cycles since coming off the pill so I have been taking AC for 12 days now. My tabs are 1000mg per tablet as it says to take 2.... so im taking more than everyone, do you think I should just take one instead? Still no af but definitely getting lots more cramping so somethings definitely going on!

xx

Welcome, I would do what the instructions say hun.

Im up to 1200mg a day now and started taking 1 tablet of macca and epo. Lets see who it goes!

Hi Honey! I think I'm coming up on O pretty soon. Started getting ewcm but still neg opks. Now it's time to start bd'ing! How's your cycle going?

whooohooooo, sounds positive hun. Keep doing the OPK's, ive brought a pack of 50!! Im on CD8 will start testing on day 15ish.

Do you know what I find strange is that my boobs hurt a little, and they hurt loads when I was expecting AF last cycle. When ive read about AC though it mentions how it helps reduce your boobs hurting, and then helps with BF. MMM strange.

honey.... i am using the clear blue monitor and now on cd16 and still low. i know the last time i used it i used 20 sticks to get a high so im not too worried yet. anyway i bought some Asda ovulation kits and used one yesterday and today. got a really faint line both times. got really excited then today i got a bit suspicious that the clearblue is still low so i phoned the number on the pack for advice. was told that unless both lines match in colour its a negative. why they dont tell you that in the instructions i dont know. so im no where near ovulation.:nope: but im not giving up and ill keep testing. i just hope it happens. fingers crossed. good luck girls

Hi girls, just enjoying catching up with this thread and hearing about success stories! I'm still no where near ovulation and on cd 36:-(. Having no signs and neg opks still. Am not a happy bunny as this is now 7days later (minimum) than last month. This baby business is so difficult. Need a major cheer up I think!:nope:

sorry you are all waiting for Ov, im sure it will happen for all of us, may take a few months for AC to help.

Faint lines will turn into darker lines im sure. Yes the line needs to be the sme colour if not darker than the control line.

im off to see a new consultant on tuesday afternoon. going to ask for metformin and might be cheeky and ask for clomid but i know ill get refused. has anyone thought about using soya its supposed to be the same a clomid and used in the same way. i looked into it but read you cant use it if you have a thyroid problem which i have. having said that im due to see my OTHER consultant on wed about that so im gonna ask him what he thinks and im also hoping he tells me im non toxic by now. (i was/am overactive but didnt lose andy weight)
honey have you been told they will give you clomid when your bmi is at 35? i was told that when i was trying for dd but i didnt need it in the end.

If anything my body is more confusing now than before ac! :(
I never picked up LH on opks before ov whereas now im on the 9th day of faint lines on opks but no negative! Grr!

Yay I have a + opk!
Here's the breakdown:
CD 17 8am- neg
CD 17 5:50pm- almost pos
CD 17 11:10pm- definitely pos!!
Sooo glad I tested more than once today. Looks like agnus castus has helped normalize my cycles thus far....went from a cycle of 73 days, to 35 days, to now 29 or 30 days (depending when I O, CD 18/19 + 11 day LP(if LP doesn't change from last cycle)).

Babydust to all the AC girls!!:dust::dust::dust:

whooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news Amber, are you going to continue to test today? Get BDing hun, you will be our first BFP!!!!

Grrrrrr! So far this cycle the meds haven't helped. AF is usually heavy, then light then spotting then gone. 4 days max. I'm now on day 6 of medium and feeling quite anaemic from it. I can't even take iron though as it effects the thyroxine uptake from my tablets. Whinge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->