Agnus Castus (Vitex) ladies - Lets see how successful it can be (2 BFP's so far!!)

hi girls, as i said previously i took ac when ttc our now 9 months old dd. i took it on the first day and kept taking it until i realised i was pregnant. i had no idea you had to take it then stop at ovulation, tbh im taking it again and i wont be stopping until i get a bfp, only as it worked before for me. i was 6 weeks pregnant before i knew it and thankfully it doesnt seem to have affected dd. hoping to see a herbalist in the next few weeks so ill let you know what she says.

oh thanks honey! haha i was so confused. i'm still taking it until i get a bfp for sure. maybe through first tri too as i've hear it can prevent mc.

Hi, saw this thread and thought I have to join. I've started taking AC this month and it has already started to work really well preventing mid-cycle spotting and keeping my AF to just five days (until now it has been 10-12 days). I'm going to keep on taking it throughout the month as just the effect that it has on my AF is a big bonus.

Thats great news Red, hope it helps you get that BFP keep us posted! What dose are you on?

Thanks girls - think I'll carry on taking it through the whole cycle too. Was wondering about that.
Appt with docs today to go and tell him my cycle's not behaving even though he say's my blood test came back within normal TSH range. Need more thyroxine!

Glad to see so many newcomers to agnus castus! Hope it works well for everyone.

I have officially gone down to an O on CD 18! How awesome is that? AC has truly worked for me. FX for a BFP!

Well the mid-cycle spotting is back but I guess I'm only on my first month with AC so I can't expect miracles.
Amberdawn - how long have you been taking it for?
I've had a headache over my left eye for the last few days (possible migraine). I don't want to stop taking AC as it may not be that, but has anyone else had headaches?

Back from docs and he has upped the thyroxine, good news and has booked me in for a day 21 hormone blood test next week - result! I thought I was going to have to battle for that for ages having only started trying recently but shows there are some good Dr's out there :happydance:

Thats great news Shelly - I had to have been trying for 18 months before my doc would put me forward for tests. It is good when you find a doc who cares.

redhead31- I've been using AC since Feb 26th. So just about 2 months. Helped end a long cycle (73 days!), then gave me a normal 35 day cycle, and now working on a possible 29/30 day cycle (or BFP!!!)

I've heard of people having headaches from taking AC, but I surprisingly don't have that side effect. I have suffered from chronic headaches since before puberty (a headache at least 1 to 3 times a week!) but haven't noticed a surge in their frequency since taking AC.

:thumbup: just got my first peak on clearblue monitor after 7 days of high, was beginning to think it would never go to peak. seems good old ac is working well thankfully.
saw fertility specialitst yesterday. she laughed when i told her what i was taking to help regulate af. i didnt have the nerve to ask her what was so funny? :blush:. guess ill be busy for the next 3 nights!!!!

well girls just got a + opk @ 6dpo so i'm hoping it's a good sign! i've read alot of threads where girls have gotten +opks at the same time as suspected implantation and i just happened to have a nice little dip yesterday so i'm hoping bubs has implanted and going to stick around! not using an hpt till friday or saturday for sure though!
hope everyons doing well! loving my vitex :)

Hello ladies,

I took AC before I conceived my son. My cycles were 32 -34 days long and I thought AC may shorten them, I am not sure whether this happend or not - honestly can't remember.

Is it worth taking AC again, i.e. is there any point when my cycles are still within normal range - would it have any impact?

i have a normal 28 day cycle but since i was o'ing late and lp tended to be short i started taking it.. made a huge difference first month using it! you can look at my chart and see the difference. but i'm also taking maca, red raspberry leaf tea and red clover.

Ive just bought some AC after a friend suggested, are you ladies taking it right through your cycle or stopping around ovulation? x

hey ladies just a quick update.. started taking AC at the start of this month as ive irregular periods. then got AF this morning exactly 28 days since my last period (first time ever I had my period arrive on time) so the must be helping :)
the only thing is , my af is extremely heavy and period pains are very bad :( but ill struggle on and keep taking my AC.
ill stock up on OPK's and keep u posted :D

loving all the positive OPK's ladies, so happy for you all and cant wait to see how the next 2 weeks turn out!!

Im still only getting faint OPK's on day 15, will keep testing though.

still -opk for me, brought some more AC today and have 1000mg tablets, as well as some Royal Jelly.

How are you all getting on?

I'm on 8dpo and waiting to test. I followed some crazy emotion yesterday and tested (wayyyy tooo early I pray) and got a BFN of course.

NBDolly- I take AC throughout my cycle and when I get a BFP I will stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->