Agnus Castus (Vitex) ladies - Lets see how successful it can be (2 BFP's so far!!)

Hello ladies! I am new here and came across this post accidently after I read about Vitex. My OBGYN seems to think I have PCOS and so I today googled "over the counter medicines to help conceive" and found vitex, then found yall :) Well I am happy to say I found one GNC in my area who has one bottle left (I think God is working already) and I am stopping on my way home to get it and a basal thermometer based off reading this WHOLE thread. CONGRATS to all the successful ladies! I am no hip to your lingo yet and abbreviations, so please help and forgive me :) I look forward to this journey with you all
PS- I am buying Nature's Way Vitex fruit.. I think I will start with 3 a day and go from there..

good luck Mzitalian!! PCOS is SO common it seems, and as long as you detect ovulation on your BBT chart then your PCOS shouldn't be stopping you from conceiving (check out fertilityfriend for help.. makes it SO easy and its free! you just put in your numbers and it figures out your ovulation for you... as best it can, lol!)

I ordered some pregnancy tests off ebay, I think read from you actually to get them there so we did and I got like 20 or 25 tests cheaper than one from walmart, CRAZY! thanks. I want to test before I start this Vitex. I am almost positive I am not BFP however its always a possibility and I know everyone was going back and fourth with when to stopen Vitex and the only warning label on the bottle is DO NOT TAKE WHEN PREGNANT. that being said I would think taking it up until Ovulation is best. Is there a book of abbreviations? haha I know none of them really...Well ladies lets pray these darn HPT's are in the mail tomorrow I need to get this show on the road ;)

Hi,
Just started taking Vitex this cycle and had a bit of spotting on CD13 which has turned into full scale bleeding. My cycles are usually in the 27-32 day range. Has anyone else this?

the only way I can explain the bleeding is that you are not ovulating even though you have regular periods and the vitex has brought on af so that you can have a new start. the first few months will be all screwed up but keep on going it will straighten out soon or later!!

The :witch: arrived for me and I finished my first cycle TTC and using Vitex. My last cycle was 40 days and this was 31, so I think that Vitex played a HUGE role in that. Also the :witch: was light last month taking Vitex which was lovely because usually during her appearance I could go into hiding for several days she's soooo heavy (tmi, sorry)

I am not sure if you got to read this whole thread Missy but its like anything different woman, different symptoms. I would give it 3 or 4 months before giving up on it though :)

LISA- I am doing good decided to try and free my self from temping and opk's and symptom spotting!How are you and your little bean? doing good I hope!

doing just fine, feel so lucky because I know I might have just as easily been still TTCing, you know?

yay I'm already going on 1 yr 5 months! seems like forever!! I hope it happens sooner then later.we have been on vit's for almost 4 months now Dh has been taking maca for almost 3 months so hope it works soon.I am still taking my vitex but I take it every day of my cycle except for af.I also take red clover till O.that has helped with af being a lot better. it feels and looks cleaner if you know what I mean!af is also longer now. so that is a plus.I also take red raspberry leaf till 5 dpo. So I take alot of pills! Hope they work soon! COME ON BFP!!!!!!

Hello, girls! i have just 1 question : which days of the cycle do you take agnus castus? i heard during periods it shouldn't be taken at all. I would like to start taking it and will be happy if somebody gives me some info.

thanks a lot.

Sorry if this has been asked before but what dosage are you all taking? I started taking 2000mg per day on CD1 and on CD13 started spotting. this developed into full blown AF and proper heavy for about three days, then lighter, now stopped. I have reduced the dose to 1000 mg during the heavy bleeding days. Was I taking too much?

If you go to a website of Healthspan()co()uk, there they say to take 1 tablet 20 mg a day. I've ordered from them and now waiting for it to start taking.

I've been obsessed with reading posts about angus cactus and can't believe how many I've read and how many people have said that it help them get there bfps! I'm currently in the middle of a long cycle last one was 50 days so I'm going out to buy some tomorrow can I start it tomorrow or do I have to wait for af to show? Thanks

Hi girls

How is everyone? Hope things are going good?

Haven't been in here for a few months as i was on AC then tried Maca and now on clomid :(

Not long before i swapped over i bought a bottle of 200 capsules from Holland & Barrett. I used exactly 100 of them and have 100 still here in the bottle.

Seems a shame to throw them in the bin so if someone wan't them for say a fiver then pm me and i'll get them posted out to you 1st class. No good to me anymore :(

I've been obsessed with reading posts about angus cactus and can't believe how many I've read and how many people have said that it help them get there bfps! I'm currently in the middle of a long cycle last one was 50 days so I'm going out to buy some tomorrow can I start it tomorrow or do I have to wait for af to show? Thanks

I waited for AF just in case it changed my cycle or anything so I would now where I was, iykwim :)

Girls! please, someone tell me which days of the cycle do you take agnus castus? i only need to increase my progesterone.

my acupuncturist put me on it for the first half of my cycle (first day of period up until ovulation day). Because it wasn't helping my progesterone like that, she agreed that I could take it up until 7 days after ovulation to support the progesterone after ovulation.
I was on a much lower dose than many of the ladies on here. (and ultimately the agnus castus didn't do much for me - possibly because of the low dose)

I take 1200 mg per day every day of my cycle except for the days af is here. It has reduced my cycle from 64 + days to my normal 36 day cycle. I did have a few short cycles in there but ultimatly it got me back on track. I think 2000mg is way too much! I would just go with 1000 mg for the duration and not take any on af.

oh and for reference I think I was on 100-200mg... lol.. LOTS less than the other ladies! And like I said, it didn't do much for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->