Agnus Castus (Vitex) ladies - Lets see how successful it can be (2 BFP's so far!!)

nvr2late - thats funny, my acupuncturist is also a licensed naturopath and only recommends taking the vitex up until ovulation. When I shared Mrs. Ping's thoughts (a while back!) about needing it after O to support progesterone, my acupuncturist thought that sounded interesting and as long as you stopped by 7dpo, it should be fine.
I think a lot of people just follow the 'norm' of taking during the first half and don't bother to research it much or question the norm (incidentally, a healthy corpus luteum starts with a healthy follicle so it can help in the first half of the cycle too!)
Not trying to disagree with you here, just sharing my acupuncturist's opinions on it.

Had another blood test today, HCG is up to 35!!! :D Looking good so far! Tests are getting darker too. Next step is a blood test next week, then an ultrasound the next week. Still only 11dpo :haha: so its early early days, don't feel pregnant at all though.

Mrs. Ping - WOW 18dpo and still BFN??! Your chart looks so promising! Are you going for a bloodtest soon?

i wish i would get my results back soon :dohh:

happy for you lisa :hugs: not taking vitex atm, gonna start up again on CD1

i wish i would get my results back soon :dohh:

happy for you lisa :hugs: not taking vitex atm, gonna start up again on CD1

When are you supposed to get them?
Which tests did they run?

ya gonna make an appointment for friday! still got my FRER left for the morning. took an opk and it is almost positive took a # tree tests and thought I saw a faint line! here's the link
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...8-dpo-temps-still-high-maybe-second-line.html
I hope this is it!!

lisa that is great 35!! WOOOHOOOO!!!

i dunno what tests..um thryoid and heaps of others...dr is gonna call me tomorrow apparently so then ill make an appointment

dandy hopefully you don't have to do too many tests to get put on some kind of treatment. I always kind of hoped they'd find something wrong so we could 'fix' it , lol

hows everyone doing?see this thread gone v quiet again.no af yet.
mrsp-did af come yet?
dandy-you started the vitex again yet?
lisaf-hows those levels going?whens your first scan?to see your triplets lol

going to ring clinic in new yr for treatment :p) im all excited.its been nearly 3 yrs since we had treatment last.

dandy - any word on your test results?
hayley - another long cycle? That stinks! :(
Mrs P - I know I said it on your testing thread, but sorry about AF :( :hugs:

AFM - levels were fabulous on Monday... up to 1055. The range for a single birth is VERY wide, and I'm still WELL within it, even if I am closer to the average HCG level for Triplets at this stage... little scared tbh!! Having my scan Thursday of NEXT week, Sept 9th. FX'd we get to see one healthy heartbeat! :D

wow I hope you do Only have one in there for your sanity sake . but you know what they say God will only give you as much as he think you can handle.
Yes af did come but was only 1 day long I am now spotting. but I am barley spotting. so I am certain that my endo lining is not thick enough to support the bean. This is why I have decided to use Red clover and red raspberry leaf.I hope it works!!

wow I hope you do Only have one in there for your sanity sake . but you know what they say God will only give you as much as he think you can handle.
Yes af did come but was only 1 day long I am now spotting. but I am barley spotting. so I am certain that my endo lining is not thick enough to support the bean. This is why I have decided to use Red clover and red raspberry leaf.I hope it works!!

Thanks, and I know I'll manage whatever comes my way... I know I can handle it, but I know I'll be a worn out wreck if there is more than one!

Thats weird about AF :( Hope the red clover and red raspberry leaf works for you! Is there a reason you're trying all the herbal remedies instead of seeing if a doctor can help? (not judging, just curious)

lisa-hcgs can very alot.at 11dp3dt-so at 14dpo my levels were 76 for my boys and im guessing thats lower than yours.thought the levels indicated just one.thought i was having twin boys from the start and then found out it was 2.9th is day after boys birthday.
mrsp-: p ( really thought it was your month and feel gutted for you.

wish af would hurry up

My insurance won't pay for anything that has to do with fertility testing so it is all out of pocket for us. and right now we are trying to save money for the wedding and a few other things. if I can do it with herbs then thats great but I have a feeling that I will have to go to see the doctor sooner or later.

Mrs P - I really hope you can sort it out on your own! You might be able to get SOME testing covered under irregular periods etc. I know I was. My insurance won't pay a dime either if it says fertility on it. My FS is even trying to bill some stuff under PCOS though I'm not sure if its working yet.

Hayley - Well I went from 7 at 9dpo, to 35 at 11dpo, to 1055 at 18dpo. I thought I was safe because this site showed that the slowest reported doubling time for twins was 28 hours and mine is doubling every 34 or so. Well, then I bumped into a girl who is having twins who is doubling every 39 hours :dohh: But I know at least one other girl with levels like mine who is having a single. So its all up in the air.

lisaf-yes there is a huge scale of hcg levels.every woman is different.ive seen ladies with really big levels and only one.the thing is you know you had 4 follies so chances alot higher then a singleton.either way all that counts is its a healthy one in there.or 2 or 3 lol id be scared if it was 3 lol

lisaf-yes there is a huge scale of hcg levels.every woman is different.ive seen ladies with really big levels and only one.the thing is you know you had 4 follies so chances alot higher then a singleton.either way all that counts is its a healthy one in there.or 2 or 3 lol id be scared if it was 3 lol

Lol, totally! I mean, you only have 2 arms! Logically you should not have more than 2! right? hehe

sorry girls i forgot to update you :dohh:
well i went to the dr and got my results, she is pretty sure i have PCOS so is sending me to a gyno, should hear from them this week sometime

but also in the results my cholesterol (the bad one) was a bit high, so i have to cut out meat fats, dairy fats and baked goods fats
also my liver had some high results so i have to have another blood test in a month to see if it has calmed down, or i might need more checking up on it if not yikes!

i am happy atm that i at least had a cycle even though it was 3 months long!!

really hoping that i Ov sooner so that maybe i can get a BFP before i have to see the gyno and they make me do more blood tests!!

regarding the liver and its high results, the dr said to stay off all meds, including vitex so she can rule that out as a cause for the high results :dohh: so im back off the vitex :( i hope i can Ov without it :cry:

aw, sorry your doc banned the vitex... but I can see why he would want to make sure its not causing anything. Hopefully there are still some beneficial effect in your system.
And getting that BFP before the next appointment would be TERIFFIC!

PCOS sounds so bad when you first hear about it... but there are so many degrees of it and it seems to be a ridiculously common condition!

thanx lisa, i really have hope that i can fall pg naturally still...maybe im in a little denial too :blush:

thanx lisa, i really have hope that i can fall pg naturally still...maybe im in a little denial too :blush:

Crazier things have happened! No reason not to hope!
Though I understand how silly it feels! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->