Agnus Castus

Hope85

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've recently come of the contraception pill and I'm on day 54 with no sign of ovulation or af.
I have been told about Agnus Castus, I have done a little bit of research and it seems to be very good for regulating your cycle. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge that they could share?

Hi everyone, I've recently come of the contraception pill and I'm on day 54 with no sign of ovulation or af.
I have been told about Agnus Castus, I have done a little bit of research and it seems to be very good for regulating your cycle. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge that they could share?

Hi, I haven't heard of that before, but I'm on day 52 now, no sign of af.. and I'm confused.. mind if I stalk this thread to see the replies for Agnus Castus? Hope everything sorts itself out soon :hugs:

That is fine, please follow. hopefully we get some advice.

After coming off the implant I tried agnus castus and found it made little to no difference. I was up over 130 days when I started taking 1500mg of dong quai on top of the vitex and AF started 3 days later. Then I stopped taking the dong quai and kept taking the agnus castus for my next 2 cycles (52 and 45 days) and then stopped. And I immediately had a 23 day cycle. Now thats how long my cycles are so I just havent gone back to the agnus castus. Contemplating trying it again though to attempt to lengthen my cycle a little more to make O a little later than CD6.

Hope this helps :)

I came off BC (Dianette) on Dec 2nd 2013, and am currently +CD120 after having no AF. (Ignore the crosshairs on my chart, they are wrong!)

1.5 months ago I started taking Vitex, 1000mg per day. It does not appear to have made any difference.

I am now currently taking a 10 day course of progesterone (from the doctor) to try to bring on AF and end this crazy long cycle!

From what ive read, people with like really long cycles dont notice a difference (at least until after a bleed) but those with slightly long cycles do notice things being more normal!

Dong quai is incredible though. For those struggling to end a long cycle. Honestly. 3 days it took me to induce AF.

good luck!

I'm taking vitex (agnus castus) to help regulate my cycle after a mc in January. I was experiencing lots of mid cycle spotting and a short lutual phase. It's hard to say if its working because I'm also taking starflower oil and having acupuncture, all to try and regulate my cycles. My cycles have improved with only one month doing the above though so either they got better in their own or something worked!

I read a lot and there are alot of success stories on here. It's well worth a try, if it doesn't work, you haven't lost anything!

Good luck x

Thanks everyone, i bought a liquid today (as i struggle to take tablets) so fingers crossed it helps, if not, will try something else.
thanks

yay for information! Its about 30 days since implant removal! No sign of AF. Going to wait until Mothers day, then I'm going to try all the stuff you just mentioned!!! :flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:
After coming off the implant I tried agnus castus and found it made little to no difference. I was up over 130 days when I started taking 1500mg of dong quai on top of the vitex and AF started 3 days later. Then I stopped taking the dong quai and kept taking the agnus castus for my next 2 cycles (52 and 45 days) and then stopped. And I immediately had a 23 day cycle. Now thats how long my cycles are so I just havent gone back to the agnus castus. Contemplating trying it again though to attempt to lengthen my cycle a little more to make O a little later than CD6.

Hope this helps :)

Very glad I'm following, Thanks for the info! <3

I was taking Vitex tincture for 5 days and Af arrived on day 5 of taking Vitex not sure if it was the Vitex or the progesterone cream but I have a feeling it was the Vitex and Af arrived full flow on cd214 with spotting the first few days x hope you get Af or a BFP soon x

I took it right when coming off bc after 20 years. It regulated my cycle right away and I conceived after about 5 months. I just started again since we are ttc #2. My cycles are regular and it seemed to delay O by 2-3 days. I also took fertilecm and had much more ewcm. I took fertilecm other months with no luck. I think it's the combination with the vitex. This is the first month in the past 4 that I didn't get sore boobs right after O. I'm 6 dpo and still no sore boobs. So far very happy with the vitex! I'm taking nature's way 1200mg. Hope it works for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->