ah ha for people who dont no bout engagment...

A

abbysbaby

5/5 means free and the babys not engaged, 4/5 means on the brim, 3/5 means on the brim but still not too far down, 2/5 means heads right down and 1/5 means babys ready to come out.

althought this is the way the midwifes do it at the hosp im at.... so ask first ladies if u are unsure of the way ur midwifes do it..

im 2/5 wooopwooop

i just posted a thread, and just found this... so now i no!

ooh thanks hun! I read in my notes from hospital on sunday that i am 4/5 but they never said anything - it's good to kno what it means!

Good for you being 2/5 - very exciting!!!! xxx

thanks babe.. im 3/5ths so good to know what this means!

seriously...

my notes from monday say 1/5...!!!!! AAAAGGGGHHHH!

Thanks for this....i always get confused with it :blush:

However! Some midwives use 1-5/5 palpable (ie can be felt) and others use 1-5/5 engaged (ie how much is in the pelvis) so it's sometimes unclear as to whether your notes mean palpable or engaged unless this is written on your notes. Eg, 3/5 engaged is the same as 2/5 palpable.

However! Some midwives use 1-5/5 palpable (ie can be felt) and others use 1-5/5 engaged (ie how much is in the pelvis) so it's sometimes unclear as to whether your notes mean palpable or engaged unless this is written on your notes. Eg, 3/5 engaged is the same as 2/5 palpable.

true, always ask anyway girls.

i asked my consultant about her being engaged she says she is pritty much ready.... this is 5mins after the midwife that felt me put free in my book!! stupid idiot lol consultant kept me right!!

This is the way my midwife has written it in my notes ...

ooh thanks for that, wasnt sure how it worked out , which way it went on the scale, i was 2/5 at 35 weeks.

I find this pic helps as well...

https://www.sweethaven02.com/ObsNewborn/921les10_img_2.jpg

-5 = 1/5 engaged (aka 4/5 palpable)

oh gosh - i've just read my notes again and it does in fact say 2/5 palpable, not engaged like i assumed it meant!!! eeeeeeek

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->