AH I got asked it I'm pregnant today! I'm only 7 weeks!

Catmat

DS 7 , DS 5
Reaction score
Hi! Today at work, a woman who doesn't see me a whole lot guessed I was pregnant. I'm only 7 weeks! I'm not thin, but it's my third. Has anyone else been called out early?

I got asked, but not because I'm showing. I mentioned to some supervisors over the last few weeks, because I've been quite ill. I told them we weren't telling people yet due to prior losses.

Today, multiple people came up to me saying "I didn't know you were having a baby!", or I'd be in a room and someone I didn't know knew would say "oh- she's pregnant!"

...really?

I just didn't bother denying it or saying anything- not use the fight or awkwardness. Most got the deer-in-headlights look. But now, word is out at work, so I'm even more nervous about tomorrow's 8w scan.

I haven't had anyone say anything about it other than DH, but I am definitely starting to show, and I am 7w1d with #2. I am not a small woman by any means, and figured it would take a bit to start showing(didn't show with DS until 14-15w) but nope. It's already there. And I haven't even gained yet with this one, actually lost a couple lbs.

I'll bet it's nothing to do with the way you look, some people can just sense it. I knew my sister in law was pregnant before she knew. She had to be a month in. I can't say how I knew, I just did. I hadn't spoken to her in a while, but saw a pic on facebook and knew. My mother in law knew I was pregnant before I told anyone (well, I obviously told my husband, but we wanted to keep it a secret till after the first doc visit). We were camping with our in laws and I was very sick every morning, plus I had to go to the restroom every hour. I guess that is how she figured it out, but I don't know.

Argh i know that one well. I show early because I've had previous babies. Last time i was pregnant i got called out really early on and this one will no doubt be the same. I already can't suck my belly in. Someone will say something.

I think I was bigger at 8w than now, my bloat has gone down a bit! I am sucking my tummy in like mad, 12 w scan tomorrow and then can let it all hang out!

Good to know I'm not the only one. I was hoping I wouldn't show because I want to apply for a new job. I know technically pregnancy shouldn't stop one from being hired, but I also know the reality. I'm a teacher. They won't want to find a replacement half way through the year. Oh well, the teaching I am doing now is fine too! :) It's just weird because I have no morning sickness and I thought I wasn't giving any signals. I was hoping to get through June! I have to say, the woman who asked me is very brave. I NEVER ask! ;)

I was asked early with my ds too, by two colleagues.
When I was pregnant with my mmc baby my best friends husband asked her, because I looked different. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->