Alaska

sophiedaphne

Reaction score
I know it is kind of an oddball name, but I really like the name Alaska. I doubt I'd ever use it, but I just can't help liking it... a lot! LOL! This would probably go on my "guilty pleasure" list. What do you guys think?

It's not my cup of tea but I think it is "legit", and it has some more mainstream nicknames (Ali, for example). It's quite quirky and cool :)

If it wasn't a state name I'd love it. Well known place names aren't my thing but in terms of how it sounds I think it's lovely.

Saying it over and over as you would for a child, all I can think of is how it basically sounds like "I'll ask her", which would drive me mad :nope:
Not personally a fan, but otherwise see nothing wrong with the name

I like it. I'd probably never use but I think it's cute.

I like it. Sounds pretty as a name. But probly wouldn't use it bc its a state, not into place names myself.

It sounds more like a pet name I have a husky and know lots of peeps that call there siberian huskies Alaska but it is very pretty

I like it! I know what you mean though, I don't think I would ever actually use it. I'm the same with the name Artemis!

I like it! I know what you mean though, I don't think I would ever actually use it. I'm the same with the name Artemis!

Hah! Yes, I'd put Artemis on that list, too :) I like that one a lot.

My parents' dog's name is Socrates, which I think is awesome, but again, not necessarily for a human. I actually worked with a guy named Socrates once. LOL.

It's nice, but it reminds me of that joke "where's your mum from?" "alaska" "what, you don't know?".... ie... sounds like "i'll ask her"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->