Alcohol during PG and TTC

The new advice is basically because of the stupid people.

They have previously stated that 1-2 units a couple of times a week is okay, but some pg women still go out and get blathered. So they have decided that if they tell everyone not to drink anything, it will make these stupid ones refrain as well!! But the advise is still (reading between the lines) if you want a drink - no more than 1-2 units twice a week.

Personally, I quit drinking completely when we were ttc Charlie, had 2 halfs of guinness of Paddy's day, a couple of weak shandy's during the World Cup, and then a few g & t's in the last month. I got a mega craving for g & t, and have to admit to having 1-2 a night during the last 3 weeks.:blush: A friend of mine had the same craving with her 15 year old daughter, and she did half a bottle a night!

It's basically all common sense. Just don't go out and get pissed.

My sister was told that if she was going to have a drink then to drink Guinness coz it was so high in iron.
I think it's just another way to make people feel guilty. I only have a drink once every few weeks, it's my mum's reception next weekend and I fully intend to have a maximum of two glasses of wine and I will not feel guilty (much).

Fcuk it-as long as u aint pissed and rolling about the floor every night of the week!

I have had 2 glasses of rose wine this pregnancy, and believe me I wanted to neck the bloomin' bottle in one go!

I hate all this u cant do this, u cant do that!

Do what feels right for you!

EVERYTHING IN MODERATION!!!!!!:hugs:

I have had the odd glass of wine or half a Guiness here and there, never more than 2 at any one time and never more than once or twice a month. As long as it's in moderation and all that.

I have a friend who drank and smoked throughout both of her Pregnancies and I was amazed that anyone would do that. She never got drunk but she wouldn't think twice about 2 bottles of wine to herself in a night and 40 fags and convinced herself that as it was red it was good for her...her baby is fine (thank god).

Cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->