Alexa had her 6 month appointment and needles today

Alexas Mommy

Reaction score
She was weighed and she was 26 pounds (same as two weeks ago when I weighed her on my scale) and 29 inches. I thought she was about 30 inches, so I was close. Anyway, doctor said she is too heavy :( he said to try to distract her a bit more, when she fusses for milk, and to start to increase her solid food intake. I asked if I should be giving her juice, and he said only as a treat, but not everyday, he said water is not necessary, BUT if I wanted, I could give her no more than one ounce a day.He also said no more comfort feeds through the night, so this is something I will have to work on, as she sometimes wakes about twice a night... anyway, that is my update!:hug:

I'm sorry you had such a rubbish appointment! I thought the breastfeeding at night even if just for comfort would be okay...are you going to do what the drs told you? I think I'd have a hard time doing it because 6 months is still so little!

I'm sorry you had such a rubbish appointment! I thought the breastfeeding at night even if just for comfort would be okay...are you going to do what the drs told you? I think I'd have a hard time doing it because 6 months is still so little!
well while I do trust my doctor, it is the hardest things to ignore Alexa's cries-I told my dr I don't believe in crying it out so he said find another way to sooth her, so I did try last night, she seemed to have a nightmare and woke up, but by not sticking my boob in her mouth, she got more upset, and I gave in. She is moving more and more everyday so I think she will be burning more fat soon anyway and will likely thin out with all the moving she does. But I am going to switch her to three solid meals a day as I only give her two right now, and maybe that will keep her asleep longer through the night, so she won't wake for a comfort feed.

oh, and thenof course right after my doctors appointment I went to the drugstore to stockup on postnatal vitamins, and the cashier lady asked me "she is huge, what the hell are you feeding her?" I felt like she was accusing me of feeding her junk! I was like breastmilk, and a little bit of baby food. Then she went on to say how her child had been the same (she was a bit older, maybe i her fifties) and the dr told her to put him on homogenized milk so he would thin out... isn't homo milk just as fatty as breastmilk? Honestly I don't see why doctors are so eager for babies to "thin out" especially before they are crawling and walking...

:hug: Sorry your appointment went so badly :(

Aww sorry your doctor appt didnt really go that great. I probbly would have hit the woman for saying that...I definitely would have been pissed. :hug:

I would have probably hit that cashier over the head with a wet fish or something. How rude of her to say those things! I'm always getting comments about Alasdair being big but I figure he's as big as he's meant to be! And like you say, I think they thin out a bit and gain more muscle as they move more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->