Alexandra Sophie Alice Penswick - via c-section 26-08-09

TT's

Reaction score
I went in for my elective csection on Wed 26th Aug 09, due to breech presentation. We were told we would be 2nd on the list for the day and I'd go in for the opp at around 10:30/11am. However there was an emergency before the first section so I ended up going in at 2pm - this was the longest wait ever and me and DF were Pacing up and down the ward all morning!

Anyway, the opp itself was a breeze - seriously I would sooner have a section than a filling at the dentist! :winkwink: if you are having one, don't worry at all! :thumbup: You don't feel a thing at all. I was worried about the catheter but you don't feel anything going in and when it comes out the next day it is completly painless :happydance:

Firstly I went in on my own whils they scrubbed me up, put a drip in my hand and an injection in my back (this doesn't hurt at all) then they put the screen up and DF came in. They started the opp and 5 mins later I herd a baby crying, and I couldn't believe it was mine!:cry: I started crying and they handed her to me and it was the best feeling I have ever had in my life :cry::happydance::happydance: they then spent about 20 mins stitching me back up and they took baby off me to weigh and clean and DF held her outside whilst they cleaned me up.

She was born 8lbs 14 and a half oz and is (in my opinion :blush: ) perfect :cloud9:

Later on the same day of the opp I was sick and the day after was hurendous! I kept fainting and being sick and honestly have never felt so rough in my life but it was only for a day and I feel great now and a week later am almost back to normal :happydance::thumbup:

I would say to anyone expecting a baby via c section not to worry at all it's nothing and you might feel ill afterwards but it's really not that bad at all :nope: and all that rubbish about not being able to climb stairs is rubbish and you'll be fine :happydance: and even if you do get an infection or get ill - every time you look into your LO's eyes you will completly forget the pain.

Being a mummy ROCKS! :hugs:

Attachments

• Tina pre-lexie.jpg
    Tina pre-lexie.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 41
  • Lexie 7.jpg
    Lexie 7.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 38
  • lexie 5.jpg
    lexie 5.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 49
  • lexie 3.jpg
    lexie 3.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 29
She's lovely hun! :hugs:
Glad it went well (apart from the next day!)

She's so beautiful! Congratulations!

Aww Tt congrats she is so beautiful!

Congratulations, glad it went well :thumbup:

https://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv125/rkkfinancial/congratulations_3.png

Congratulations! Glad it all went well for you.

I'm off to see if I can find your parenting journal now ...

S.
x :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"