ALL day sickness.. Sea Band?

AMAS86

Pregnant with #4!
Reaction score
I need to whine. My SO says I'm just being dramatic but damnit I am nauseated ALL day. To the point where it is interfering with my busy life. I have 3 kids; 7-4yrs with my oldest being type 1 so we have a strict eating and exercise schedule to keep great BG, I am a full time college student and I am falling behind :( I feel great once I wake up, but I'm starving so I eat right away and BAM from then on i am fighting to keep my food down ALL day. Nausea meds don't help. Keeping bread in me doesn't help. Preggo pops don't help. NOTHING helps. I'm desperate for relief. Has anyone tried the Sea Bands and did they help? Even just a little??

I'm so glad u posted this ..... I just saw these also.... Wanted to do some research and meant to post about these bands.... Preggie pops actually make me more nauseated ... I'm trying my hardest to stay away from medications .... My last pregnancy I was on zofran the entire time and my baby lived in the hospital the entire first yr of his life with never ending medical issues :( horrid stomach issues for the first 2 yrs..... I'll always wonder if it was the side effects from the drugs :( I know I need medication so badly .... I just can't bring myself to do it unless I have no choice... As horridly aweful as it is, id rather be glued to the couch and puking around the clock than take meds that could ulter my babies health in the long run ! Those sea bands look way too good to be true!! Please someone tell me they are amazing !!

I tried them with dd and they didn't help me. This time if I get sick I'm going to acupuncture, she showed me the points she will do to relieve it and one of them is where the sea band would go. I understand about it effecting your life. I was all day sick for 6 months with dd. I won't be able to work that way, so I'm going to have to figure out some way to get some relief if it hits me like it did then. I've also heard Zantac helps quite a bit.

Ive had them on all day and night so far....they ease it a little but im still fully aware of the wall of nausea im still currently facing!
But when my sister was preg she absolutely swore by them!

Firstly I'd give your SO a piece of my mind, how unsupportive. It's not dramatic, if you've not been there you have no idea. Secondly I'm afraid they didn't help me either pregnancy even though they did as a kid for travel sickness. Cheap though so worth a try they obviously work for some. Hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm not actually being sick but I have 24/7 nausea and theyre a life saver

I don't wear them for work but I only do 3 hour morning shifts but soon as I get home I put them back on and it's the best feeling ever.
Mornings aren't so bad, I'm worse afternoon and evening. I wear mine through the night and take them off before I shower for work

If its getting in way of your day to day life you should see gp for tablets. No sea bands didny help i had HG.

Sea bands did nothing for me. Also tried ginger and peppermint everything. Extreme nausea started for me ~6 weeks, but I rarely actually threw up- it was enough to struggle to function. It briefly went away for a few days around 9.5-10 weeks, then came back even worse (with more throwing up)... Still waiting for it to go away! (Or something to help)

They really need to come up with something better here.... This day in age.... You'd think there'd be some amazing cute for Preggy misery!!

Sea band effectiveness probably depends on making sure it's in the right spot and how sensitive you are to acupuncture. The point it manipulates on the wrist is on an acupuncture meridian.

Sea bands did nothing for me. Also tried ginger and peppermint everything. Extreme nausea started for me ~6 weeks, but I rarely actually threw up- it was enough to struggle to function. It briefly went away for a few days around 9.5-10 weeks, then came back even worse (with more throwing up)... Still waiting for it to go away! (Or something to help)

arghhhh dont say that!! Its just starting easing off for me...im hoping it doesnt come back even worse! :(

I used them all the time with my son... This time... Well, I'll let you know, I sent OH to get me some. I'm nauseaus a lot, haven't actually been sick yet, hope I won't, I have an awful phobia of vomiting! :/

I had awful sickness and nausea with my first, then as soon as i got my sea bands i was never sick again and only a little nauseous. I'm currently 7 weeks now with no2 and using them again and haven't been sick at all yet plus the nausea is barely noticeable. I swear by them, even recommended them to a friend who was nauseous all the way through her pregnancy and she loves them too.

Hey ladies! I wrote this last night, then texted my SO to pic some up on his way home. So first thing this morning I put on the Sea Bands and OMG it was a miracle. I actually went to class and was able to pay attention to my professor. I've yet to throw up with this pregnancy but the nausea has been so horrific and strong that I could if I haven't been fighting it but with the sea bands the nausea was there but definitely not like it has been!!! .. i took them off a bit ago because I've had them on for 7hrs now and my nausea came back full force within 10 minutes :/ Sea Bands are amazing and I'm almost positive that if you put them on correctly then it may just work for everyone

I've just got some, they have worked for me. They don't take the nausea away completely, but make it much more bearable!

There is a specific way of putting them on to make sure they hit the acupressure point, so I would urge everyone who they didn't work for to check that the button is in the right position and give them another try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->