All Ladies Due Jan 18 and 19th coming over to the Third Tri

Saw our friends little girl again tonight and got wonderful cuddles :) Can't believe how much bigger she is at only 2 weeks!

Also made me so happy to see them coming out with her at 2 weeks. She's been to a house gathering and a group meal and just slots in so well :) I was really worried that I'd be left home alone once peanut was born but I'm feeling hopeful! :)

I've been MIA a bit and reading back. DH and I bought a house and are in the process of packing and rennovations. Hoping I'm moved in time to put up a Christmas tree. :)

Love the shower favors. :) And yay for 31 weeks! Can you believe just 9 weeks to go! :)

I do plan on Breastfeeding. I didn't BF, DD. But this time I want to do something different. I took a class that helped me wonders. Here is the journal entry I wrote after that class.

As for the lactation class. I felt like I got alot out of it. I found out the only reasons that would require supplements. I really by all means do not wish to supplement at all.

I also plan on putting the skin to skin in my birth plan right after labor. There really isn't any reason I shouldn't be able to breastfeed as long at Baby is born at term. My breasts show the proper changes with the milk veins etc. I also watched this video on the different latching holds. I think the best for me would be the football hold, to start. The consultant said that if I felt any pain feeding at all. She'd help me with the latching and we'd figure it out.

We also watched a video on watching how to watch baby's sucking for proper latching. And she said she'd be happy to see if baby was sucking properly while in the hospital. She also said we could have as little or as much help with breastfeeding as we needed/ wanted in the hospital.

We were shown different types of breast pumps. And even how to do hand suppression. She also showed us how to help with hand suppression if baby was just a nibbler.

She suggested that I only needed a hand pump. Since I won't be going to work. I was so happy with this advice.

She gave me her card and said that I could call with any breastfeeding questions now or after I take Zoela home. And that if I come across problems... Don't give up! We'll work on getting them fixed. It was so nice. I also found out I don't need any lanolin. She told me not to buy any, that the hospital sends you home with a big tube, that would be enough for most. Also gel pads.

And this one thing I love. She taught us how to measure our busts for our bra size. She reccommended that I do so just a few weeks before my EDD and get atleast 1 maternity bra without wire.

Snow Owl.....everyone seems to have a lot more classes than me.....I hope I'm not missing out on anything important.
Nikki....it's a shame you US women don't get leave like us in the UK....
Chiles....those favours are cute :)

Leinzlove....I plan to BF and have been a bit nervous that I will fail.....I have a BF class in December :)

I worry to... Hopeful. Just try to go in knowing you aren't going to fail. I worry so much about having to supplement and I don't want to at all. In fact, I rarely want to use bottles...

I'm definitley doing the skin to skin after baby is born. Goo and blood and all. Haha! Well they say if baby is put in the kitchen (chest). Baby will want to nurse.

Plus, there is a lot of support here on BNB. We can ask away or whatever. I sure love BNB! :)

In a way. Am glad I am worrying about BF....as I haven't had time to worry about labour hehe.....yes....I am sure we will get lots of help :)

In a way. Am glad I am worrying about BF....as I haven't had time to worry about labour hehe.....yes....I am sure we will get lots of help :)

i'm amazed how laid back i am about everything i'm not worrying about BF or labour lol and this is my 1st :shrug: i think there's something wrong with me :wacko:

Yea i wish we had leave, but im ok with it... I get tospend all day with her ...

Ladies i cant breathe! And i dont think my skin has anywhere else to stretch....super uncomfortable and shes so high...really cant wait for her to drop!

I'm carrying quite low! Haven't had a lot of trouble breathing, mostly just when laying down I feel squished.
@Nikki -I've read that going down on your hands and knees relieves the pressure of baby from your lungs and helps you get deep breaths in.

Nikki: I haven't had any problem either, carrying low... So Zoela definitley hanging out on my bladder. Ella should drop soon, it usually occurs faster with first pregnancies.

I'm not scared about labor or BF. I'm excited afterwards I'll get to meet my baby! :) Just remember our bodies know what to do. We were made to be Mothers! :)

Today is my Anniversary! :) DH has to work on our house today. So, last night he took me out to dinner and we did a bit of baby shopping. I got a manual breast pump by Medela as I don't plan on pumping much. I'm a SAHM. I also got Zoela a cute pink polo blanket.

https://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w367/nikkilewis14/31weeksella.jpg

ella this morning! 3lb12oz! doing perfect :)

https://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w367/nikkilewis14/31weeksella.jpg

ella this morning! 3lb12oz! doing perfect :)

awww cute!!! :flower: my next scan is on monday next week :D can't wait!!

i've got a MW app tomorrow so can't wait to hear her lil heartbeat again! :cloud9: guna ask my MW if it's ok to record it as i'm going to Essex next week to see my mum and it'd be great if she could hear it :)

hope everyone's day went well xxx

Been looking at advent calendars for LO for next year (I know if I leave it to next year it will be too late and I won't find anything nice!).

Would it be bad to spend £30 on a wooden one to last? I don't want the throw away ones, I'd like one they can keep. Also liked the idea of getting a mini tree and a selection of 24 mini decorations to put in each drawer. The idea being they can slowly decorate their tree instead of just getting chocolate.

Am I nuts?

Been looking at advent calendars for LO for next year (I know if I leave it to next year it will be too late and I won't find anything nice!).

Would it be bad to spend £30 on a wooden one to last? I don't want the throw away ones, I'd like one they can keep. Also liked the idea of getting a mini tree and a selection of 24 mini decorations to put in each drawer. The idea being they can slowly decorate their tree instead of just getting chocolate.

Am I nuts?

no your not hun that's a lovely idea!! :flower:

The only issue is to buy it all is probably £50 but we'd have enough decorations to do 2 or 3 trees! Ah well sorts us out for any future kids :p

Jellybeans she's adorable! :) cute pic

Snow owl that's a sweet idea!

SnowOwl....it might be cheaper in the jan sales? That's a nice idea :)
Nikki-awww what a cutie!!
I have been carrying low too....he/she seemed to move up a few days ago but not too high still. The past few days my belly is getting huge....can't be much room left in there :)
Less than 6 weeks till we're full term. Oohh I like thinking of it that way....seems better then thinking that I May still have nearly 11 weeks left :)

Am I the only one that's scared senseless that I can't do this? Lol. Worried about being crap, not being able to afford it. Just about everything!! :(
I think 9 weeks to go and the fear kicks in :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->