All Ladies Due Jan 18 and 19th coming over to the Third Tri

Its just a catheter like they would put in ur vagina if u have surgery etc, but instead is placed between babies sac and ur cervix hole...they inflate the balloon with saline and it mimics babies head being pressed on ur cervix so it dilates you... Its working very fast for me..ive already had a bloody show and contractions are every 5 mins, but they are bearable so i may make it to morning when they take it out...at 5 am i should be dilated enough to start the pitocin if needed...it may just jump start labor on its own without pitocin though.

Not ur vagina, i meant ur bladder lol..its called a foley catheter lol

Yay nikki so excited for ya...

I'll be soon behind.nikki as induction is booked for.Monday :)

I'm guessing 8lb5oz born at 7am your time! Can't wait to hear!!

:) good luck nikki!
I'm guessing 8lbs 2oz at 8:47am

I have an appointment tomorrow morning. Ill finally have my cervix checked! I'm so excited and nervous to see if I'm progressing!
Ill up date when I get back home :) I think DH and I are going to lunch tomorrow, it might be our last time out together just the two of us

Chiles-ohh that must be reassuring-the bio check sounds thorough!!
Nikki-The wonders of modern technology!!!! Wow-it's amazing what they can do....eehh she could be here in a matter of hours-wow.
Threemakefive-eehh not long for your induction then-yay.
Jess-so can your cervix start opening without you feeling contractions or is that cos its not your first? Or did you say you were getting some contractions? We don't get internals till we are in labour here so I won't know if I have started dilating....not noticing any Bracxton hicks.....I have a very mild tummyache but i was eating thru the night whoops so could be from that (symptom spotting like TWW hehe).

That's a good point Jess-will go out at the weekend to the cinema I think, last chance for a little while :)

Cinema is a good idea actually, not sure what is in though or if I'd manage to get comfortable! Lol.

Hope your doing ok nikki xxx

Dee: Lovely Bump!

Chiles: Sounds like you could be first. It's doubtful you'll make it to the 14th. :)

Nikki: Can't wait for your update. :)

Just back from the midwife (I have been getting checked weekly for Pre-enclampsia readings)....my blood pressures too high, she re-did it and it was just acceptable at the second reading,my weight has also gone up & they are now classing me as high risk and I can't have a water birth now-I am really gutted-I had my heart set on one :-( she said they will need to monitor me and the baby during labour so I can't have a water birth now :-(
I feel rather fed up now!! I have my next midwife adapt next week so will have to see how high my blood pressure etc is....my swelling isn't bad and I haven't had headaches or vision problems for weeks......so I was feeling fine till I had my appointment :-(
Need some baby news to cheer me up!!

MissHopeful: I'm sorry you can't have the water birth you wanted. :hugs:

Oh hunny that's not good, big hugs :(

To cheer you up I have a man dying of the flu next to me, feel free to laugh at me :)

Snow: Thats terrible dealing with a man who has the flu. :hugs: However, if my DH had it I'd have to laugh as he's the smart one who didn't get the flu shot. While DD and I did.

Bah! Raised blood pressure, swollen feet and protein in urine.

Off to maternity for Pre eclampsia testing! What actually is Pre eclampsia and should I be worried?

:happydance: yey nikki!! How exciting!!

:hugs: mrs.hopeful so sorry you can't have the water birth you wanted :(

Snowowl idk much about pre eclampsia, just that you have high blood pressure , sorry I'm not much help

I was wondering the same thing.....can you start to efface or dilate with out baby dropping? Or contractions?
I'm pretty sure baby hasn't dropped. My DS really never did. I had to have a c section because he didn't fit through my pelvic :( wondering if that will happen again

Snow-that's what they think I might have!!! I just escaped the hospital today as she did a second reading which was borderline and as I felt fine I didnt have to go into hospital......hope you are OK!!! Let us know what the hospital say!!! If you do have it, you may get induced. There is no cure so they sometimes induce you or give you a C-section. You and baby will be monitored through labour so no water birth etc for us.......symptoms:- protein in urine, high blood pressure, swelling in hands and face, bad headaches, vision problems...... You may not have all symptoms of course. .It's if it's untreated, it can turn to enclampsia, which can be bad-at our stage of pregnancy they can induce us as we are full-term.....if you get it early you may have to be induced when baby is not ready. They basically have to keep an eye on you to make sure you don't get enclampsia.
If I am going to end up being induced I hope it's soon-not knowing is worse I think. I get checked Tuesday.
Hope your OH is OK.....hubby wouldn't get flu jab (he can get it free due to asthma he has).....but refused....if he gets flu inhavevtold him I am banishing him to stay with his parents till he's better hehe.

Nikki-eek....is it strange knowingbshe's nearly here? :)

I am still 2/5th engaged-midwife said I may not engage anymore before labour-sometimes the babies don't......I did read that online a Few days go too.
Getting a headache now but don't know if I am I gaining it as I have o look out for headaches.....Pah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->