All natural hospital birth. Anyone else want to join me?

Haha! Yeah I could see that! I've had BH that hurt but nothing compared to the false labor. That to me felt like the worse period cramps I've ever had. It was down real low not an all over like BH. Luckily I knew it probably wasn't the real deal so I just sent a warning text to DH and then dealt with it until it went away.

Ah! Do you think you'll go soon?

I think you're going to go soon mrs Hudson! It very well could have been active labour but your body could have stopped for whatever reason, I bet you probably made progress ;)

Everyone's bet, and mine included, is for around 39 weeks. Which would be after next Friday.

At my appointment yesterday, I had them do a cervical check just out of curiosity. I am 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything but it's good to hear some progress has been made. She said his head and my cervix is super low which is a very good sign. It also explains why dtd hurts so bad now.

I'll be completely honest with you ladies. After that false labor or whatever it was, I'm kind of worried about the real thing. It hurt really bad and to think it will only get worse scares me. It's going to take some serious focus and will power to go natural. I'm glad I have DH to help me through it.

I'm really tempted to ask for a cervical check this week. I'd love to know if these contractions and cramps have actually done anything to my cervix or if they're just messing with me. :shrug:

The pain worries me after some of my BH sessions as well, but I also really think all of the endorphins and such pulsing through the body during true labor might possibly make it easier...or at least different? Ha, I honestly have no idea. I do think knowing it's the real deal and knowing that means I finally get to meet my little boy soon should help.

I was talking to my mom and she said "I'm not going to lie, it's the worst pain I've ever felt. But it's over before you know it and then you forget." I hope that's true!

I was talking to my mom and she said "I'm not going to lie, it's the worst pain I've ever felt. But it's over before you know it and then you forget." I hope that's true!

True and true!!!! It is definitely the worst pain ever, and I don't know if I mentioned it already on this thread but I remember thinking OMG I'm never doing this again!!!! One kid is just fine! LOL. But it's weird, after birth you get brain fog, as I describe it. It's like you can't really remember what happened.

i'll share my story with you ladies, i'm sorry it's a bit long, but a natural birth is amazing!

For being a first time mom I consider myself completely blessed to have had such a quick and easy labor and delivery! From the beginning I knew that I wanted an unmedicated birth with as little disturbance from nurses and drs and let me just say I got exactly that!

It was around 4am that I was woken up with a terrible stomach ache, which was actually contractions!! First one that I timed was at 4:11am, and they were already about 3 or so minutes apart. Well I got my bloody show when I went use the restroom, then I decided to go take a bath and relax because since this was my first baby I expected my labor to be drawn out for hours! Contractions weren't bad at all which is also why I figured it would be awhile. I laid in the tub for about an hour and a half, and by that time I was starting to feel quite a bit of pressure so I decided it was time to head to the hospital, it was now 5:45am. We got everything loaded up because I had yet to put my bags in the car, I was only 37+5 but definitely had been feeling some pressure for about a week. Dr also didn't want to check me for dilation at my 37 week appointment. But anyways, my step children were with us at the time so in route to the hospital we dropped the kids to my mother in law at a gas station, LOL. At that point it was 6:30, as you can tell we weren't in a huge rush because I still wasn't in severe pain and my mother in law said I was too calm to be in labor, but as soon as we got on the interstate thats when I knew it was time because I just wanted to push, and my contractions were maybe 2 minutes apart. We got to the hospital at exactly 7am. Not to mention we only really live 15 minutes from the hospital, but it was a thursday and we caught all the morning work traffic so that was nerveracking to say the least! We valeted the car, and walked up to L&D to check in and everyone was just casually talking to me, asking if it were my first baby and whatnot, because who expects a first time mom to walk into the hospital fully dilated?! Well they gave me a gown and showed me to the delivery room and must have all thought I was exaggerating about saying it's time, cause the nurse said she'd send someone to come hook me all up and check me, well as soon as my butt hit the bed my water broke finally. So she checks for the baby's heartbeat and I tell her I have to push NOW! The nurse tells me to just breath someone is coming check me, well she picked up my gown herself and said OMG I NEED A DR NOW! (as if I didn't just say it was time) lol well the stork nurse comes in because my dr is on his way and the nurse is holding my baby's head so that he doesn't just pop out! they tried to buy time, but my body just pushed him right on out at 7:07, weighing 6 pounds 11 ounces and 19 inches long! It was such an amazing feeling! My mom walked in as the placenta was being delivered, it all happened so quick we didn't have time for pictures or anything which is upsetting but I loved every second of my 3 hour L&D!! and would have a natural birth all over again in a heartbeat! I'm so proud of myself for sticking to what I wanted (not that I would've had a choice at that point, lol).

And heres my little bebe

Attachments

• Instasize_0721161600.jpg
    Instasize_0721161600.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 3
Wow! Amazing story and what a beautiful babe. I feel like you're very lucky to have had it happen so fast. Just goes to show you, you know your body better than anyone else. :)

I lost a couple parts of my mucous plug. Hoping he comes soon!

i'd say lots of sex helped, even if i wasn't too in the mood we would always get the deed done anyways being that semen helps soften the cervix! whether that really helped or not i'll never really know, but i like to think it did! lol birth for me came 6 days after i started losing bits of my mucus plug! so thats hopefully a sure sign for you things will get started soon! good luck! i hope for you a quick and amazing experience!

Yes lots of sex!!! I also bounced on a bouncy ball :haha: I think I even tried dancing the baby out as I got so tired and fed up at 39 weeks lol looking like baby is comfy in there!! Hoping your bub comes soon :flower:

I do remember losing my mucus plug about 11 times, though..it was horrible. I would get super excited every single time - - then nothing

Hello - hope you ladies do not mind me joining. I was just skimming your recent posts. I am also going for a natural birth - this is my 2nd child and #1 didn't go quite as planned (but not getting into that one now).
I think a HUGE part of your success is going to be going in with a solid birth plan so that your support people and hospital staff know what you are aiming for. Your support person may not be able to remember everything and it is VERY helpful to have things written down on paper to help follow along - along keep in mind, it will not be exactly like you plan, you can write down your desires and goals.

Totally agree wishfulone! My hospital asked and reviewed mine and so did my midwives. DH also has a copy in his bag for good measure. I've been shocked at how willing they all were to view and be aware of my birth plan.

Hi Guys, can I join?? I'm 27 weeks with my second LO. Hoping for a completely natural VBAC!

That is great, Mrs Hudson. A strong support team is necessary. I labored for 14 hours without any meds, 3 minute contractions. So I have a good idea of how that part will go. I just am not sure how transition is without some pain killer assistance and that is the part that has me a little nervous - I need to work to wash that fear completely away, though.

Hi smile! I hope you can do it.

So I did it ladies! We welcomed our baby boy into the world yesterday after 15 hours of labor, 2 of those were pushing. I remained all natural other than them breaking my waters. It was the hardest thing I've ever done and wouldn't have done it without DH and my midwife. If you want the whole story you can go to my pregnancy journal below.

Wishful transition was extremely hard without pain medicine but they did not give me the choice.

oh YAY! How wonderful. I am so very proud of you ! Congrats on your new bundle.

Congrats!!!! And thanks for posting, I've been gettin a little more nervous about going au natural and this gave me hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->