All natural hospital birth. Anyone else want to join me?

MrsHudson

Mama & Doula
Reaction score
Hello! I hope there's some other to join me over here. Seems kind of quiet.

Anyways, I am 35 weeks and plan to have an all natural birth. This is my first baby so would love to have some encouragement from other ladies. DH and I have been trained in the Bradley method and he has been beyond amazing trying to learn everything he can. He even suggested we practice more labor positions we haven't tried yet.

Being so close to my EDD, I'm stating to get worried. Hoping there's some other mommies around like me.

I am hoping to have another natural hospital birth. With my last pregnancy I labored at home as long as possible. By time I got to the hospital I was 8.5cm dilated. I gave birth completely natural. Sadly I had a postpartum hemorrhage 8 hours after having him. I'm hoping to skip that part this time lol. I think I'm still wanting to labor at home as long as I can. It was so much more relaxed and comfortable for me.

Hi Tink! That's my plan as well. I just want to be at home as long as possible. The hospital I deliver at is about twenty minutes away, so we're also preparing for the slim chance I might give birth in the car. Hopefully not though.

I hope you don't hemmorage again too! Was it hard for you to get through the stages of labor at home?

I'm lucky that my hospital is only about 10 minutes away! My last pregnancy it was 40 minutes away and when we left the house there was a blizzard!!

Honestly I feel like I handled laboring at home wonderfully. It's a much more relaxing experience and you are much more open to moving around freely. Plus I hopped in the bath in some warm water which was amazing!

By the way I just noticed you are also in Colorado!?

That's so good to hear! I plan to be in water as much as possible. I'm a water person anyways, pregnant or not haha.

Yes I am! I'm on here on my phone so it doesn't show me the info about people for some reason. Just the names and signatures. We moved to Thornton from Littleton back in November. I grew up in Arvada though. Where are you at?

Hey MrsH!! I'm April in our Aug FB group! We're also doing Bradley (2 weeks left!) and planning for a natural birth in the hospital. I completely understand the start of worrying, I've been doing the same. I know how badly I want to do this naturally. DH's awesome in the moment on so many things, but practicing techniques ahead of time, he's been pretty worthless lol. It's frustrated me, even though I know deep down I'll be able to rely on him when the time comes. I just wish he could take practicing seriously!!! The thing I think will be on my side is we are using a midwife practice, and they have really helped to create a natural childbirth view on the l&d ward of the hospital. We shall see!!

That's so good to hear! I plan to be in water as much as possible. I'm a water person anyways, pregnant or not haha.

Yes I am! I'm on here on my phone so it doesn't show me the info about people for some reason. Just the names and signatures. We moved to Thornton from Littleton back in November. I grew up in Arvada though. Where are you at?

I'm in Denver. I'm not originally from here, but my husband is. I moved out to Colorado 8 years ago.

Hey April!!!! I forgot you had said you were doing the Bradley method as well. For us, I'm the one that sucks at practicing. I get really active when he gets home and get caught up doing other things. But.... Tonight I'm going to do it and also practice my squats. I desperately need to do that. Your practice sounds a lot like mine. My midwives are really good at keeping things natural at the hospital. They will not offer me pain meds per my birth plan so that's nice.

Tink that's awesome! We're super close to Denver as I'm sure you know :)

Hi! Hope I can join!!

After having an epidural with DD I decided this time around i do not want it! not only did it hurt worse than labor to get the needle in my back, but it didn't even work completely! My freaking arms went numb!! And I couldn't walk for 3 days after it because my back was in so much pain!

<3 I see you're due soon!

Of course you can join! That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I don't know about you ladies but part of me doesn't know if it's really a good thing for baby to be exposed to. I know tons of babies are and do just fine but you never know.

I'm also deathly afraid of needles so that going into my back scares me.

Of course you can join! That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I don't know about you ladies but part of me doesn't know if it's really a good thing for baby to be exposed to. I know tons of babies are and do just fine but you never know.

I'm also deathly afraid of needles so that going into my back scares me.

I know right! I'm so glad I wasn't paralyzed from it or something crazy! Are you planning a homebirth, water birth, etc? :)

I'm scared for the pain. I've been diagnosed with a panic disorder recently so I'm worried I'll be having panic attacks lol..
How do you feel about the pain?

I, too, have often wondered if the drugs are really a good thing for the baby to be exposed to. Research just seems so questionable to me, considering full, adequate studies aren't generally done in pregnancy due to ethical reasons.

And while I don't do too bad with needles, putting one in to my already bad back scares me to death!!!

Bombshell mom they do make you sign that waiver about potentially disabling you but I don't think that's really something that occurs often. If it does they certainly don't say anything about it haha. This sounds totally weird but I'm kind of anxious for the pain to start. I've had so many BH contractions lately I'm ready to feel that "oh this is definitely labor" feeling. As far as managing it, our Bradley method classes made me feel quite capable of handling the pain. Our instructor who is also a doula said that during every labor she's seen (and her own) there's a point where the women says "I can't do this anymore" and from her experience the baby is generally born within a half hour. So knowing that makes it more manageable in my mind.

April I know there's a lot of factors that have changed in the world to make certain things more prevalent but to me, epidurals have to play a role in that.

Bombshell mom they do make you sign that waiver about potentially disabling you but I don't think that's really something that occurs often. If it does they certainly don't say anything about it haha. This sounds totally weird but I'm kind of anxious for the pain to start. I've had so many BH contractions lately I'm ready to feel that "oh this is definitely labor" feeling. As far as managing it, our Bradley method classes made me feel quite capable of handling the pain. Our instructor who is also a doula said that during every labor she's seen (and her own) there's a point where the women says "I can't do this anymore" and from her experience the baby is generally born within a half hour. So knowing that makes it more manageable in my mind.

April I know there's a lot of factors that have changed in the world to make certain things more prevalent but to me, epidurals have to play a role in that.

Wow! That's good to know though! :) I remember with DD I was thinking I was never going to do this again the pain was horrible, that's all I remember but I forgot kinda how it feels and look here we are now lol!

I'm hoping to have a natural hospital birth too. The hospital seems pretty relaxed and I'm going to make sure they don't keep offering drugs! I would also like to stay at home as long as possible but I'm afraid that I won't know when it's the right time to go and end up there either too early or too late!

I'm hoping to have a natural hospital birth too. The hospital seems pretty relaxed and I'm going to make sure they don't keep offering drugs! I would also like to stay at home as long as possible but I'm afraid that I won't know when it's the right time to go and end up there either too early or too late!

Hahaa!! Girl, I know what you mean. Literally if my water hadn't of broke after my first contraction I would have had my baby in the toilet! I literally thought I had to poop. I remember thinking " omg this is the worst diarrhea of my life!!!!" LOL

Sunnydee I know what you mean. We have this guide from our classes that help DH recognize the transition part of labor and when we need to go in. There is still a chance if I deliver fast it'd be in the car but we're willing to take it. I have a Tupperware box full of old towels and pee pads in case that happens. We figure well put the pee pad underneath me no matter what in case my water breaks.

I would like to join too please :)

I had an almost natural birth with my son in a birthing center attached to a hospital with a midwife delivering my him.

I had a very slow labor with DS, 30 hrs of prodromal labor and 6 hrs of active labor, so after 2 nights of contractions and no sleep I broke down and asked for the epidural. I really needed the rest, but had it shut off after an hr. I wanted to be able to let my instincts and body do as they needed, and push when I felt the urge, which I was able to do :) but this time I'm really hoping to go med free!

I really hope I dont have to deal with slow labor again. It was a nightmare. The only way I got through it was deciding to go home after I was checked and told I was only 4 cms dilated, and then staying home eating and walking around or doing as I pleased in my own home.

Hi lockandkey! Wow I totally don't blame you for getting an epi in that situation. Something very similar happened to my friend. She just didn't have the energy anymore. How was your experience in a birthing center? For our next baby I want to look into that or even at home. DH is a little weary of doing it at home though. You know they say second babies come a lot faster so I hope that's the case for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->