All natural hospital birth. Anyone else want to join me?

Really jlw, I have to be honest, it was a bit traumatic for both DH and I. BUT I still highly encourage it. Since it was my first baby it was harder than it could have been. As each day goes by I remember less and less (so happy I wrote my birth story as soon as I could). I wasn't proud of it at first because of the mixed emotions I felt and it took me awhile to process it. But now I'm doing better and I'll never regret going natural. I proved to myself I could handle something amazing.

And now, I'm not scared to get my first tattoo. DH and I want to get something for little baby Oliver and I've never had a tattoo. No pain scares me now lol.

I'm really nervous about going natural too, but I also know I'll really regret not having the experience if I elect for a c section! (I've experienced labour, just not vaginal birth!) so I'm just gonna see how far I can get! :haha:

You can do it! Just remember when you're really in pain, that means it's almost over. Easier said than done but it's the truth.

Everyday is one step closer to meeting our little babes! I am a bit nervous, but also getting excited to meet my little man. I think that is helping calm my nerves about the potential things that can wrong. You have to be prepared for them, but also not OVER-think them.
What helped you through transition? That is what I think about the most

For me being mentally prepared to give birth is what made my transition stall and move along. Nothing happened until I let my body and mind surrender to the pain. To deal with pain, having DH massage me through each contraction. But really you just have to mentally submit to the pain. I don't know if that makes any sense but that's what helped me.

That makes sense. You have to be able to relax to open up. I've read a lot of Ina May's and it discusses visualizing opening like a flower or riding waves as contractions come. Now to remember all of that during labor !

Well ladies, I'm feeling very discouraged. I had started the process of hiring my doula but DH thinks it's a waste of money and isn't being supportive at all. It also hurts as he started talking about how we can't afford another baby right now - just wasn't being very pleasant last night.

He also dropped the bomb on me about only wanting 2 kids after we have agreed on 3.

Feeling pretty down and I just feel like I don't even care at this point. I kinda feel alone in this pregnancy just like I did with DD. I think I'll just text my doula and let her know - not even try for natural birth, won't even strive to breastfeed long as I'm not really supported in that either. Will end up with PPD like last time. :nope:

Bombshellmom don't say that! Just because you don't have a doula doesn't mean you can't have an all natural birth. I didn't have one. I knew we couldn't afford it. DH didn't even know what one was until the very end but he does see the value in one.

Do you have a midwife or OB? Either way I think you can still achieve what you want. Make sure you have a birth plan!!!! Everyone around me took mine very seriously hence why I never got the epi I ended up begging for.

As for BF, I've had an extremely difficult time with it and actually started on formula. I'm now trying to wean him off that and back onto the boob because I realized that's not what I truly wanted for both of us. If your DH doesn't support you enough, do you have a local La Leche league to go to? I think it would help you a ton with PPD if you can BF.

I hope things get better for you. It could just be hormones so try to relax and stick to your guns. Have a good sit with DH and tell him how you feel. Nothing is better than communication. Even if you feel you sound stupid it's best to get it all out.

Well ladies, I'm feeling very discouraged. I had started the process of hiring my doula but DH thinks it's a waste of money and isn't being supportive at all. It also hurts as he started talking about how we can't afford another baby right now - just wasn't being very pleasant last night.

He also dropped the bomb on me about only wanting 2 kids after we have agreed on 3.

Feeling pretty down and I just feel like I don't even care at this point. I kinda feel alone in this pregnancy just like I did with DD. I think I'll just text my doula and let her know - not even try for natural birth, won't even strive to breastfeed long as I'm not really supported in that either. Will end up with PPD like last time. :nope:

Oh, please do not get discouraged. Having a doula isnt a guarantee you will end up with a natural birth anyway. While I don't want you to give up on that idea yet, keep an open mind I guess. Your other half needs to get on the same page as you. This is your body and while it is his child as well, you get a bigger say in this one. Keep focused and do not give up already. You can do this, woman!!

Don't give up hope! Like the other ladies have said, having a doula won't guarantee your natural birth. I won't be having a doula (way too expensive!), and I don't know anyone else IRL who has, and they've all gone natural. MrsHudson's advice was spot on, you just have to change your mindset, and get your head back in the game so to speak :hugs: :hugs:

I'm so happy I found this thread! :) It's nice to read through some of these posts and hear about others' experiences or how you're also looking to go natural.

I am just entering my 3rd trimester and decided not too long ago that I'd really like to try and have a natural birth. It's really in my nature to go all natural for other things, such as organic vegan foods and vitamins, and knowing all the benefits of having a natural birth after having done a lot of reading on it, in addition to being able to be in various birthing positions if necessary (whereas you cannot do anything but lay down if you accept an epidural) really makes me feel natural is the way it was intended.

I am pretty nervous about the experience though.

Really jlw, I have to be honest, it was a bit traumatic for both DH and I. BUT I still highly encourage it. Since it was my first baby it was harder than it could have been. As each day goes by I remember less and less (so happy I wrote my birth story as soon as I could). I wasn't proud of it at first because of the mixed emotions I felt and it took me awhile to process it. But now I'm doing better and I'll never regret going natural. I proved to myself I could handle something amazing.

And now, I'm not scared to get my first tattoo. DH and I want to get something for little baby Oliver and I've never had a tattoo. No pain scares me now lol.

Thank you for posting this follow up and for your honest feedback! It's good to hear that as you recover, you really start to remember less and less. I imagine it's a very difficult thing, but once you make it through labor and look at your little one's face, knowing you accomplished something truly incredible just makes it all worth it I'm sure.

I'm planning on trying out the Bradley style of birthing where you essentially just focus on relaxing your body and your breathing and take deeper, slower breaths from your abdomen rather than from your lungs to work with your body through the contractions. I was curious if anyone else here has tried this method?

I'm so happy I found this thread! :) It's nice to read through some of these posts and hear about others' experiences or how you're also looking to go natural.

I am just entering my 3rd trimester and decided not too long ago that I'd really like to try and have a natural birth. It's really in my nature to go all natural for other things, such as organic vegan foods and vitamins, and knowing all the benefits of having a natural birth after having done a lot of reading on it, in addition to being able to be in various birthing positions if necessary (whereas you cannot do anything but lay down if you accept an epidural) really makes me feel natural is the way it was intended.

Thank you for posting this follow up and for your honest feedback! It's good to hear that as you recover, you really start to remember less and less. I imagine it's a very difficult thing, but once you make it through labor and look at your little one's face, knowing you accomplished something truly incredible just makes it all worth it I'm sure.

I'm planning on trying out the Bradley style of birthing where you essentially just focus on relaxing your body and your breathing and take deeper, slower breaths from your abdomen rather than from your lungs to work with your body through the contractions. I was curious if anyone else here has tried this method?

I haven't tried it yet but am also planning on using the Bradley method, I highly reccomended husband coached birthing by Bradley for your SO, I feel like part of it is age (we are both nearly 10 years older this time around) but this book has really helped my husband to get excited about and better understand the birthing process and how a natural labour should be and how he can help me :)

My hubby and I focused a LOT on Bradley when we had our first daughter - and I Did manage for 14 hours of labor without medication but got the epi for my final 6 hours. I went 1 1/2 weeks past due and needed an induction with that one. It wasn't our ideal birthing experience, but in the end, baby and momma were both safe/healthy.

This time around, we are again using Bradley and took some additional classroom courses. Like our first time, we are also working with a Doula who will help both of us through the process. I am overdue once again and hoping to avoid a 2nd induction. THAT is my biggest fear right now.

I haven't tried it yet but am also planning on using the Bradley method, I highly reccomended husband coached birthing by Bradley for your SO, I feel like part of it is age (we are both nearly 10 years older this time around) but this book has really helped my husband to get excited about and better understand the birthing process and how a natural labour should be and how he can help me :)
Very cool! :thumbup: It's great to hear there are others out there who are interested in the Bradley method as well. I feel like having your husband as your birthing coach too is an incredibly positive way to bring your baby into the world together.

My hubby and I focused a LOT on Bradley when we had our first daughter - and I Did manage for 14 hours of labor without medication but got the epi for my final 6 hours. I went 1 1/2 weeks past due and needed an induction with that one. It wasn't our ideal birthing experience, but in the end, baby and momma were both safe/healthy.

This time around, we are again using Bradley and took some additional classroom courses. Like our first time, we are also working with a Doula who will help both of us through the process. I am overdue once again and hoping to avoid a 2nd induction. THAT is my biggest fear right now.
That fantastic. I'm certainly open to taking an epidural if I need to, though it would be nice if I could make it through and have a natural birth, but we'll see where my pain tolerance is at.

I'm really nervous about being told I need an induction too, which makes me wonder if perhaps going to a birthing center instead of a hospital might be a better choice for me. 1 1/2 weeks past due though is a quite awhile. Hopefully this time you'll be okay and won't need one. Good luck!

I understand, Arcane. Not all inductions go terribly bad. Mine was OKAY - but I desire more than just OKAY. Ultimately, it is most important that momma and baby come out healthy in the end but it seems that modern technology has changed the ways of birthing and a lot of facilities/practitioners are very quick to intervene. Sometimes this is medically necessary and other times, not so much. Because we have many other options now, natural child birth isn't ideal for everybody, and I Am not saying I can do it, because i havent quite. But I sure would like to give it another try, if my body will finally give in and go into labor.

My midwife encouraged me to share my story as much as possible and she told me my view of it was more "realistic" then what some women convey. I made it to the hospital at 6cm but I feel like I still should've stayed home longer and that would've sped things up. Plus I needed to let go mentally a lot sooner. Otherwise it all went according to plan.

Really at two weeks PP I don't even really remember what contractions felt like. I know they hurt a heck of s lot more once my water was broke but that's it. The crowning I'll never forget though. Thankfully that part doesn't last long.

We did the Bradley method. Our instructor is also a doula and she was amazing. I wish I could've hired her. She didn't really teach straight from the handbook but more on experience. Out of all the positions she taught us we only used one lol. But DH knew how to help me and he never left my side nor did he ever stop touching me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->