Allergic reaction to antibiotic???

3rdtimelucky

mammy to 3 beautiful kids
Reaction score
My son has a chest infection at the moment and he started an antibiotic

yesterday. Its called Clonamox. I noticed after his first dose he developed

these hive like spots on his cheeks. They are still there this morning, but

there is only 1 on each cheek. They are big and red but there is only 2 of

them.. Would this be a mild reaction do you think?

yes you can have allergic reactions to antibiotics........i would take him to the doctor before giving him any more doses x

I would too hun, Madi has a small rash to start with on her first dose of Penecillin, then its developed into welts. Dont give LO anymore....

Thanks girls, ive just rang my doctor, waiting on her to ring me back xx

Definitely take him to the doctor and make sure you find out what the main ingredient is so you know what he is reacting to for future reference!

Hope he feels better soon! :hugs:

Omar also had a reaction to the antibiotics when he had a chest infection. It started with a face rash then he had a diarrhea & Started to throw up. Check with his dr hun xx

Took him back to the doctors this morning. He is allergic to penicillin!

She prescribed a non penicillin based antibiotic. He has had no reaction to that so far anyway!

Thanks all xx

Perfect! Glad he is well and you got another antibiotic! Hope he gets better soon now! :thumbup:

Did you get Erythromycin? Thats what we have to have now for Madi. Its tastes like shit lol, but will have LO on the mend! Hope he is better soon :flow:

Our LO also reacted to penicillin, they came out in hives, didn't sleep from scratching all night, and also had bad diareoh.

Glad you got it sorted.

We always get non-penecillin based antibiotics now. :D

Did you get Erythromycin? Thats what we have to have now for Madi. Its tastes like shit lol, but will have LO on the mend! Hope he is better soon :flow:

Yep thats the one he got.. Oh its horrible god love him. And so thick. But i got a syringe out of the chemist so that really helps getting it down really quickly, and he is very good at taking it even though it tastes and smells vile! Hopefully he will perk up soon :thumbup:

The obmne above is one Chloe is allergic to also penicillin

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"