Allergic Reaction *UPDATED Page1*

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
I just made myself a smoothie trying to be nice and healthy for bubs. However, I used a bag of frozen mixed fruits, and it had kiwi in which I don't usually eat. I'm now having an allergic reaction I think. My lips and tongue are really itchy and feel as if they're swelling.

What can I do? xx

UPDATED: Called NHS Direct, been told it is an allergic reaction but not severe enough to need hospital treatment. Been sick 3 times so think it should be out of my stomach by now and been advised to take an antihistamine and it should clear in a few hours. Sorry if I panicked anyone. xx

Go to a hospital. Thats the only thing you can do if you feel your lips and tongue are swelling. Good luck.

Yeah get yourself to hospital and get checked out a.s.a.p x

if your lips and tounge are swelling you need to go to hospital asap! also take some pirition or allergy medicine if you have any? hope your ok! x

Id go hospital or if youve got one a walk in centre

if your lips and tounge are swelling you need to go to hospital asap! also take some pirition or allergy medicine if you have any? hope your ok! x

Can you take that while preg? xx

It doesn't matter if you can take it whilst preg... you need to be in a hospital hun. You could be going into shock and if your lips and tongue are swelling your throat will too and you could suffocate.

^^ no idea plz just get off here and go get seen u cant mess around with alergys that make your lips and tounge swell :hugs: xx

just tryin to be safe xx

It doesn't matter if you can take it whilst preg... you need to be in a hospital hun. You could be going into shock and if your lips and tongue are swelling your throat will too and you could suffocate.

I agree but didnt want it to sound so bad but there isnt time to worry about worryin u hun u need to be seen x

Better safe than sorry Serena, rather be blunt and to the point and have her listen the first time than have to tell her again :hugs:

BTW - Only said it like that because I wouldn't want anything serious to happen, not because I'm mean :lol: :flower:

I've got a quite severe kiwi allergy and my mouth swells if I go anywhere near it! Def get checked over because my allergy gets more severe everytime I come into contact with it. Are you allergic to latex? That normally goes hand in hand with a kiwi allergy

Have you gone to the hospital yet? The ladies are right, you MUST GO. Could be an anaphylactic (sp?) shock couldn't it? And they can be fatal if not treated asap! Please go!!

I've got a quite severe kiwi allergy and my mouth swells if I go anywhere near it! Def get checked over because my allergy gets more severe everytime I come into contact with it. Are you allergic to latex? That normally goes hand in hand with a kiwi allergy

I wasn't allergic to kiwi until now, so will have to keep my eye out for latex too just in case. xx

Ohh sounds nasty, and yeah antihistamines are fine to take in pregnancy hun, I had to take them the whole time I was pregnant because of my allergies getting worse. hope ur ok :hugs: xx

pleased alls ok hun, i think Im allergic to kiwi too coz my hands swelled up last time i touched it.

pleased you're ok though must have been very scary :( x

Eeeek Katy i just seen this!!! soo pleased ur ok hun!! blidy kiwi!!! xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"