allergies and sleeping problems.

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Eliza is 11 months. Has 3 big healthy meals a day, snacks and a bottle or two.
she is on Oat milk.
she can drink up to 16ozs before bed and she still wakes all night. If i only give her water or leave her too settle it can take up to 2 hours for her to go back off.
Im at a loss at what too try but im exhausted.
is there an alternative milk i can try thats more filling? Shes lactose dairy and soy intolerant x

It tends not to be purely hunger that drives these wake ups. She associates milk with sleep, comfort, safety. I wish I could suggest a quick fix but I truely believe changing milks, feeding her differently during the day etc. will not change her sleep habits one bit. Are there other things like songs, or toys that you could associate with bedtime that you could use through the night? You may still need to feed her milk though during growth spurts.

There are other milks (friends of mine have used coconut and almond), but I would assume that after 16 oz (I don't think even my 2.5 year old could ever drink 16 oz in one sitting!), it's not hunger that is waking her. We had a lot of disrupted sleep between 8 and 12 months, which was partly to do with a big developmental jump and partly to do with teething. I also started going back to work part-time around then too, which was a big change. What's otherwise going on with her? Has she just started or jump about to start standing/cruising/walking? Is she teething? Has she started at nursery or has anything else in family life changed? I would assume it's something like that. Then again, sometimes they just do these things. I was up for 2 hours last night with my 2 year old, and she still regularly wakes up probably twice a night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->