Allergra

samsam23

Reaction score
Hey ladies. I'm 9 weeks pregnant and was wondering if I would be okay if I took an Allegra today. I have bad allergies but have been able to stay off of them until now. Today I am literally dying from them.

Would u guys recommend me taking one? Or will it hurt the baby?

Honestly hun i have no idea but i didnt wanna read and run!
Could you ring your dr? Or speak to a pharmacist? (Im having a baby brain, is pharmacist the right word?!?! Lmao!!)
Hope its all better soon xxx

This is what I found for Allegra, Pregnancy risk: Category C (Risk cannot be ruled out)

I personally wouldn't atleast without speaking to a dr first. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm on loratadine (Claritin) and my doctor is okay with it. I'd avoid the medicine with decongestants included, but it's best to check with your doctor.

If you want to avoid medicines, there are other options too. I think that saline nasal sprays would be fine. I've used a neti pot for congestion, and slathered myself down with vapo-rub. If it's itchy eyes, eye drops would help, and cold compresses. I have horrible allergies too. There's a point where mom's suffering and stress is worse for the baby than the minuscule risks from side effects.

I hope you feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->