• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Allergy Meds & Breastfeeding

Ms_CJ

Reaction score
It's ragweed season, and you know what that means... yep, you've got it.. I've got allergies ... bad...!!!!! I can barely do anything for my son without sneezing and itching. I feel horrible, because my constant sneezing keeps waking him from his sleep and startling him. But, I'm not sure what I can take that won't dry up my supply??? I took Claritin for my cat allergy while preggo, but I've heard from many ladies that it'll dry me right up if I take it while breastfeeding. So my question is...what do you ladies recommend for relief???

I have to recommend allergy shots in the long run. My symptoms were gone for good after about 3 months. I am not sure what meds you can take for now though.

I have to recommend allergy shots in the long run. My symptoms were gone for good after about 3 months. I am not sure what meds you can take for now though.

I never actually thought of that option. I wonder if the shots are safe while breastfeeding... Either way, I think I'm gonna look into that, whether I do it now or in a year or two. I just HAVE to find relief until then...

yes they are totally safe while breastfeeding.

I even took them while pregnant. It's safe because it's not a medication. It's just small amounts of the allergens they inject and it gets your body more used to it over time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->