Almost 23 weeks and crampy

LadyLovenox

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'll be 23 weeks Tuesday. The last week or so I have been having mild cramps and back pain. It has me so freaked out! This is baby #3 and I never felt crampy at this point w my other two. I had an appt w OB and she said it's normal, as long as no bleeding and they aren't severe. It does get better any time I have a bowel movement, but the crampiness comes back within hours of having a bm. I have been babying myself trying not to overdo it, bc it had me so worried. Baby is moving plenty.

Hi ladies! I'll be 23 weeks Tuesday. The last week or so I have been having mild cramps and back pain. It has me so freaked out! This is baby #3 and I never felt crampy at this point w my other two. I had an appt w OB and she said it's normal, as long as no bleeding and they aren't severe. It does get better any time I have a bowel movement, but the crampiness comes back within hours of having a bm. I have been babying myself trying not to overdo it, bc it had me so worried. Baby is moving plenty.
Is it not maybe Braxton hicks? Don't think you have anything to worry about xxx

Thank you!! I was wondering if Braxton Hicks come in different forms. W my other two, Braxton Hicks basically felt like my stomach turns into a turtle shell (hard and tight) for 5 seconds or so. But maybe they can feel like cramps too? I went into to OB yesterday just to be safe. They checked my cervix, still long and closed (thank God) and checked me for a UTI (negative) so she said it's likely just uterus expanding and growing pains. It made me feel better to go in though. Thanks for responding!!

That's true about BH. With my 2nd baby I would get them when I would go on a walk. Id feel a crampy/tightening feeling in the lower part of my uterus and my Dr told me it was BH.
Ive recently started feeling something similar when I stand up from a seated position. I'm only 18 +5 so I think thats round ligament pain. I dont think BH contractions start before 20 weeks but I really don't know.

I'm glad everything went well with your OB :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->