Almost 6 months need help with feeding schedule

Happy

Mummy to Phoebe
Reaction score
Phoebe is almost 6 months and has been weaning since she was 4 months old so she is pretty good with her food now. I have not been feeding her a huge amount of solids and she doesn't take much milk, probably 16oz in 24 hours and she has been quite unsettled recently.

I went to see the health visitor and she said she needs 3 meals a day and that her milk intake was a little low but she is gaining weight and is happy.

I have been told to give her breakfast at 8am, lunch at 12pm and dinner at 4pm (she falls asleep for the night at 6.45pm. I am completely confused as to how I fit her bottles in around this. Most of the time she only takes 4oz but she will eat solids, even when I cut back on solids she still wont have milk I dont think she likes it.

She usually has a bottle at her first bottle at 7am but as she is eating solids extremely well I don't know when to do her next bottles. Her evening one is always at 6pm and she will then sleep until she has her next one at 4am.

Please help. :wacko:

What about 1.30ish....it's not too close to either meal and not too late in the day to mess with the later meals/drink either.

Otherwise....do you HAVE to stick to her times if it makes it difficult. Another option is to move the lunch feed a bit later (1pm?) and give her her bottle approx an hr before. Just a idea. You could also move the tea time feed forwards 30 mins maybe.

Personally i wouldnt stick to excatly what HV said...do what works for you around what she advised.

xx

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that. I dont have to stick to those times and to be honest I dont think i can because Phoebe is so fussy with her milk.

She had 2oz of milk tonight before she went to bed but woke up at 9pm wanting a bit more. She will never drink more than 4oz and if I try to give her some she just grunts at me and hits the bottle. Also I think she has cottoned on to the fact that I hide formula in her cereal as she is spitting it out but if I mix it with water she will eat it.

I have a book and it recommends givings a 6 month old baby 3 meals a day and 3 bottles. It says to give the meals at 7am, 12, 5 pm and to give the bottles at 7am (when the baby wakes before breakfast) 2:30 and 6:30 (right before bed). If you are giving dinner at 4, I think 1 or so for a bottle would be good. Alternatively, you could give a bottle half way between breakfast and lunch if she seems hungry around then.

I have a book and it recommends givings a 6 month old baby 3 meals a day and 3 bottles. It says to give the meals at 7am, 12, 5 pm and to give the bottles at 7am (when the baby wakes before breakfast) 2:30 and 6:30 (right before bed). If you are giving dinner at 4, I think 1 or so for a bottle would be good. Alternatively, you could give a bottle half way between breakfast and lunch if she seems hungry around then.

I tried a bottle at 1pm today as she had her lunch at 11.30 and she refused it. Her first bottle of the day was at 7am and she drank 3 0z, I managed to sneak in an extra few oz with her cereal though.

I am beginning to get really concerned about her refusing formula but the HV just wont listen to me and says its normal. :cry:

Can I ask what the book is called?

It will all fall into place I am in the same position as you although my baby still takes alot of milk, maybe too much.
8am - 7oz milk
10 - large portion of oat cereal
11.30 ish - 7oz milk
1.30 - veg portion & fruit portion
2.00 ish 7oz milk
5.00 - 7oz milk
7.30 - 7oz milk
then bed time

Have not started tea time portion yet should probably start doing that instead of milk or give a little less

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->