almost 9 weeks and there already causing trouble!

Koifish

Reaction score
I am new here. I am almost 9 weeks in. I have twins with heartbeats so I am excited but I know I'll never be "out of the woods". This is my first pregnancy. They are already causing trouble, I am so sick! I force myself to eat and drink and I am on Zofran but it's not working so great right now :/ I really do wonder how on earth I am going to make it. I just keep telling myself 1 more month and I'll be ok, so I hope.

Anyway I'd love any advice when it comes to getting through this with two and how have you dealt with wanting to toss your cookies? Meat is my enemy but I need protein. Is peanut butter a good thing to try out?

Hopefully this is in the right spot! Thanks for reading :)

Hey, have you checked out the twins, triplets and multiples section? You might get more twin specific answers there :).
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/twins-triplets-multiples/

Congrats Koi! I am about a week ahead of you with twins too... mine are causing lots of problems too! :hugs: I am nauseous all day and feel like I have had a hangover for weeks now.

I've kind of forced myself into a routine with the foods I've found I can tolerate the sight and smell of and it keeps me from getting sick. I wake up around 5, usually because my stomach is growling, and have a bagel with pb and an apple. Then around 10 I have some yogurt and a banana. For lunch, cereal, pretzels/carrots and hummus, or a chick-fil-a chicken sandwich. I go to class at nights and I take crackers, another bagel, lemon or peppermint candies to suck on, and granola bars. I'm sure everyone is wondering why on earth I'm eating constantly, but it really helps to keep something in my stomach. Dinner is a chore because I am so tired and nauseous at night that nothing sounds good. I've tried many things, Hibachi chicken and rice is my go to right now. I try to keep it all as bland as possible. Not very healthy, I know, but I feel like I'm in survival mode at this point. I've also been struggling to drink enough since water tastes so bad to me right now.

I joke that one twin is ALWAYS starving and the other doesn't like anything, since I am constantly feeling starving and nauseous at the same time. It's awful!

I am new here. I am almost 9 weeks in. I have twins with heartbeats so I am excited but I know I'll never be "out of the woods". This is my first pregnancy. They are already causing trouble, I am so sick! I force myself to eat and drink and I am on Zofran but it's not working so great right now :/ I really do wonder how on earth I am going to make it. I just keep telling myself 1 more month and I'll be ok, so I hope.

Anyway I'd love any advice when it comes to getting through this with two and how have you dealt with wanting to toss your cookies? Meat is my enemy but I need protein. Is peanut butter a good thing to try out?

Hopefully this is in the right spot! Thanks for reading :)

Thankfully for most women, the morning sickness doesn't last beyond the first trimester, which is no consolation to you right now!

Don't stress yourself about protein. There are a lot of other protein sources that don't include meat, including eggs, dairy, nuts, and beans/legumes, as well as in some of your dark greens like spinach, asparagus, broccoli etc. which are also excellent sources of folate for you.

Eat what you can stomach right now, though, even if that's just peanut butter on toast! One of my "lord I need something to eat right this second," snacks is a handful of nuts! Lots of protein and healthy fat to keep me going!

Hello koifish, congratulations!
Hang on in there, eat and drink what you can, but regularly as that can make the nausea worse. Like praying4bb said, I felt like I was on an eating schedule and it was a ball ache to keep eating when I felt so rough and most things smelt horrendous! Thankfully, it does ease up and by probably 16 weeks I felt back to normal but the enormous hunger and thirst remained. Enjoy eating for three (once this yucky bit's over)!

Ive just had this convo with my GP I am 7 weeks with twins and feel rough 24/7 but luckily not actually being sick.

He's told me to try anti sickness bands to start off with so getting hubby to get me some on the way home from work

Thanks for the responses, it's encouraging :) I am doing my best! I got granola bars, peanut butter and honey on toast and grilled cheese down lol. I do eat oranges and apples too. Chinese take out isn't bad. I like tacos that I make at home and salads for now. I figured it is good I at least eat.

I heard about using the band's to help I might give it a try.

Congrats praying4bb that sounds about right! Hopefully it gets better for you soon too. I am good with water but if I don't want to drink it smoothies worked good if you like them. I am always hungry too they suck all the food away! I feel like they could eat a cow.

Also congrats bunny hop I was told the feeling rough will dissappear eventually too, it's hard!

I will also check the twins section out, thanks for telling me:)

Don't stress too much about what food you must eat - eat what you can stomach! I ate whatever i fancied, but thankfully didn't have MS. I was always hungry, even during the night i would wake to eat! I kept digestive biscuits by the bed lol I had a textbook straightforward twin pregnancy :thumbup:

My twin boys were born at 37+3 by elective c-section 2 weeks ago weighing 6lb 5oz and 5lb 2oz.

A good protein shake was the only thing I could eat to keep from starving and I could keep them down. I put ice and a banana in it and blend them up. Lemon water was the only thing that kept me hydrated because I couldn't stand plain water. Hang in there.

Congrats on the twins!

I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant with twins and I remember those days well! So tough, esp if you're trying to keep your pregnancy under wraps from coworkers, etc. I'll be straight with you: my sickness continued until about 18 weeks and it was dreadful. I'm at the point now where I still have weird food aversions and the odd bout of nausea and I rarely vomit anymore (a couple times a week still).

During the worst of it, I was running to the bathroom to vomit from merely smelling or seeing something unappetizing. I was 16 weeks at Thanksgiving and had to make a dash to the toilet when the turkey was being carved on the table.

I saw a nutritionist who told me to feel free to eat whatever would allow me to get through the day, but to look for ways to incorporate protein where I could. Meat and eggs were practically out of the question for me in those days (still struggling with that sometimes), but after brainstorming with the nutritionist, I added protein to some of my go-to meals and snacks. For example: I went through a big mashed potatoes phase in the first tri and she had me make them with sour cream. I used greek yogurt to make smoothies. I sprinkled nuts on my breakfast cereal, or in my yogurt or ice cream. Peanut butter was a big one for me too, esp since I was so reliant on crackers to keep the nausea at bay.

My advice is to keep your snacks small and frequent and don't worry about the time of day. If breakfast cereal is all you think you can keep down in the evening, go for it. I personally preferred really bland foods because I regretted them less on the way up. Keep a variety of snacks in your purse so that you always have something you can stomach when you need to eat. And try to take your prenatal everyday at a time you think you can keep it down. It'll make you feel less guilty about what you're eating!

Good luck to you. I hope your nausea and vomiting end really soon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->