almost to a year! question....

DancingSheba

Reaction score
Like the title says she's turning 11 months soon and been EBF besides real food. I pump when I am at work so this is my question. When your LO turned a year did you still pump at work? Or did you give cows milk while you were gone? I was thinking of nursing still at home but when I'm at work just letting her drink whole milk. I would LOVE to not have to pump at work unless I feel uncomfortable, andt to not have to worry if I have enough expressed milk in the fridge/freezer. I have no intention of weaning completely, but would like to not have to pump at work anymore?

I EP now so obviously I still pump, but when LO was nursing my plan was to wean off the pump during the work day when he turned 1. If LO is still having about 4 good feeds at home then you don't need to give an alternative milk, but otherwise you can certainly give alternative milk and still nurse at home. :flower:

Thanks. I normally feed her right before i leave and I only work 5-6 hours a day, which my husband will give a bottle of EBM during. Sometimes I come home and he has just given her a second bottle as well, so I pump instead. But it would technically be replacing only one feed.

We're coming up on 9 months soon, and I've been wondering the same thing. When we hit a year, I'd really like to cut out pumping at work and give whole milk instead, so I'll be really curious to see what answers you get. I want to continue at home, even overnight if needed, but I am SO sick of pumping!

Yes I dont mind pumping so much except that my job doesnt have set break times. I work in a restaurant and sometimes I'm too busy to pump or I have to get someone to watch my tables while I run to the bathroom and try to relax enough to pump as quickly as I can. I also work a retail commission job so if you want to make money in either place you can't afford to take too many breaks :(

I give cows milk n just feed at night. She is 14months.

Eh, cow's milk really isn't that good for homo sapiens. I'd do more research if I were you.

Eh, cow's milk really isn't that good for homo sapiens. I'd do more research if I were you.

Not the worlds most helpful comment. I think it would be fine to give whole milk in the day and bf when you are together.

yes I guess I could look into an alternative milk? I think whole cows milk would be ok just once a day, she'll be nursing all the rest of the time. I certainly would think it a better option than formula?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->