Always negative ???

1st time

Mum of 1 and expecting #2
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Ladies,

My first time asking a question on the forum, i hope i dont ramble too much.

I have tried to use the OPT's for the first time last cycle and every time it has come back negative (not even a faint line) has anyone else had this problem?? I have been TTC for 5 months and already starting to get worried - i know this is not that long, but it feels i like it.

I have used the OPT's again this cycle from CD12 and still negative ( today is CD15) ??? Fingers crossed that it shows a line this afternoon.

Can anyone advise me on anything else i can be doing to increase my chances of conceiving? i haven't really done much except for increasing:sex: and now trying to find out exactly when i'm ovulating (which isn't going to well).

I've used OPKs off and on and have never once gotten a positive...they are always faint lines (except one time). The first 3 months ttc I pretty much used them everyday (I have an irregular cycle and was going on 4 months without AF). Not once did I get a positive. Just recently (this cycle) I decided to use them again and around CD19 I got the darkest test line I've ever had, but it still wasn't as dark or darker than the control (so still not a def positive). I forgot to use them the next couple days and when I used it again, it was very faint lines again. Sorry for the long story, but I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and hardly ever ovulate (which is why all neg opks).

Are your cycles regular? How many days is your cycle? If you have longer cycles, then you will want to keep using OPKs through CD21-23, maybe later if your cycles are longer than 37 days. Additionally, when are you testing? (first morning, mid-morning, afternoon, evening?). You also should try to check your temps first thing in the morning and chart them. This will give you a definite o date so you know that you actually have o'd (won't do much for predicting to let you know when to BD) and will help you predict o for your next cycle (again temping will let you know if/when you o'd). Hope this helps :flower:

ETA: Even when you have no fertility issues, you only have about a 20% chance of conceiving in any given cycle. Kind of makes you think about what you were taught in school -- only takes one time and you can get pregnant...if it was only that simple :haha:

Thanks for your reply.

I have few friends with PCOS and 2 of the 3 now have children, so i hope the same happens for you shortly :)

I will keep testing into this week and hopefully see something to hint towards O. I have been testing all over the place...sometimes morning and others in the afternoon, until signing into this site i didn't realise it mattered, i will start doing in the afternoon and see how that goes. My cycles are 30-32days currently on CD 15 and quite regular; next cycle i may actually start charting temperatures.

Thanks for your help

I am terrible at temping--cannot remember to temp until I've already been up and around (and the thermometer is sitting right there on my night stand) :haha: I'm hoping this is the cycle (I'm on CD31 and I think 10 dpo) because I want so badly for it to be natural. If not, then I start clomid next cycle (around the end of January - unless AF shows next week).

I never realized it mattered before either, but apparently FMU isn't good because LH is not produced during sleep. This cycle I tested every time I had to use the bathroom when I remembered to do it :haha: I ordered a bunch of ic's so I had about 40 strips before I started using them...I think I still have over 20. I started testing a few days after my SHG and my RE said that approx 7% of his patients conceive that cycle if they ovulate -- it helps to clear some of the blockages if there are any. Fxxx for you! :dust:

Wow, i can't believe it - i went home from work yesterday and did another OPT and what do you know... I'm ovulating. Now for the bad news..... I had friends coming around for dinner last night and they just wouldn't leave... i cant believe we missed this opportunity. How long do you ovulate for?? i'm guessing about 24 hours?

I don't think i would be great at remembering to temp either, i have trouble remembering what day of the week it is sometimes lol.

A positive predicts ovulation anywhere between 12-36 hrs after the pos...so get BDing!! Fxx! Get that eggy!!!!

The LH surge in some women doesn't last long at all. Mine is very short at only a few hours, so when it comes to testing from cycle day 11 for a 28 day cycle. I test about 3 times a day to catch it. xxxx

The LH surge in some women doesn't last long at all. Mine is very short at only a few hours, so when it comes to testing from cycle day 11 for a 28 day cycle. I test about 3 times a day to catch it. xxxx

I think it's these types of things that make it so difficult for us to understand our own cycles. I don't even know how long my LH surge lasts but I had 4 pos OPKs all through the day. The next day it was back to neg. When I used to use OPKs at the beginning of my ttc journey, I only used them once a day and never once got a pos. But I also have an irregular cycle, so who knows :shrug: However, it does look like I may have o'd this time - I have a noticeable dip on my ff chart with two consecutive days of elevated temps. One more day and I can confirm it :happydance: Then hoping we caught the eggy [-o<

ETA: Fxxx & :dust: Are you testing today?

Good luck hunny, everything is sounding brill for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->