Always queasy and not eating much :(

K

koala1

Hi fellow first trimester ladies. I am in week 8 and for several days now I have felt queasy from morning to night, and have no appetite. I haven't thrown up, but eating anything is very uncomfortable due to having zero appetite, feeling sensitive to food smells, and feeling queasy. I am eating three meals per day but they are much smaller meals than what I had pre-pregnancy. I am also taking my prenatals. I know you aren't supposed to gain much weight in the first trimester, but I'm worried that if this trend continues I will lose weight (I'm already petite) and that my baby isn't getting enough nutrition. :cry: I will ask my doctor about this but I'm wondering if any of you are having the same experience and have any advice. Thanks very much in advance.

Keep trying different foods, even foods that you never hadbefore. Crisps I can eat nbut trying not to. Trying to make myself eat fruit and veg which is ok for now. Hope you get sorted

Keep trying different foods, even foods that you never hadbefore. Crisps I can eat nbut trying not to. Trying to make myself eat fruit and veg which is ok for now. Hope you get sorted

Thanks! I have been trying different types of bland food, since strong smells make me feel worse. But eating anything is just so unpleasant... this is the worst feeling :( are you feeling sick all day as well?

I've been eating next to nothing since 6 weeks. I've got dreadful MS. I've been throwing up too. Nothing appeals to me and I'm forcing myself to eat :( been living off cereal and bread the last week. I had a suspected gallbladder attack last Thursday night ending up in the ER with morphine. So now not only can I not eat from feeling sick I'm scared to eat as well in fear of another attack. I had a cheese toasted sandwich that is what they thought brought it on :(
Hope you feel better really soon. :hugs:

I've been eating next to nothing since 6 weeks. I've got dreadful MS. I've been throwing up too. Nothing appeals to me and I'm forcing myself to eat :( been living off cereal and bread the last week. I had a suspected gallbladder attack last Thursday night ending up in the ER with morphine. So now not only can I not eat from feeling sick I'm scared to eat as well in fear of another attack. I had a cheese toasted sandwich that is what they thought brought it on :(
Hope you feel better really soon. :hugs:
Oh no, I'm so sorry Misscalais! It sounds like you have it worse than I do. How far along are you now? I hope we both feel better soon. :hugs:This is no fun at all. Makes it hard to really feel happy or excited about pregnancy. I am getting really nervous reading some women saying they felt sick through their entire pregnancy. I don't know how they made it through?!

I have been living on pasta. I'm nauseous all day and night. It's so hard!! Just get in what you can and don't think about anything else!!

I know exactly how you're feeling! Everything I loved makes me sick to my stomach to even think about :(

But since you're taking your prenatals I wouldn't be too worried. Baby will get what it needs. Just keep trying different things and seeing what seems to be tolerable. When I do seem to come up with something I'd be ok eating I seem to feel better.

Also iced water with a little lemon squeezed seems to ease the queasiness a tad for me.

hi there!
just eat what you can stomach for the time being.. its very common to lose weight first tri from morning sickness.
my weight changes all the time from it.. some days when I eat well I gain the few pounds back.. sometimes I lose all the weight completely..
but like past posters have said.. baby doesnt need alot of nutrition at this point since it is still so tiny..
just try and eat good food when you can..
good luck!
xx

Thanks! I have been trying different types of bland food, since strong smells make me feel worse. But eating anything is just so unpleasant... this is the worst feeling :( are you feeling sick all day as well?[/QUOTE]

I am on an off. If I am to hot, tired, hungry I get sick. Found our travelling is making me sick. Can't eat big meals. Crisps and apples is what I am eating loads off.

I suppose it is a learning curve for us all

awww yes its going to be like that for a few weeks... it will get better..
and yes I have been very sick.. I went through a stage of vomitting every single day around week 7-8... then I was just nauseaus.. and could barely think of eating and just lived off watermelon and dry bread for a while..
now only really puking about once or twice a week at the most.. and appetite is coming back.. so it hopefully will get better for you..
baby goes through a few growth spurts here and there so I think that is when you feel the worst as the hormones are alot stronger to support the growth i guess..
take care!
xx

I completely feel for all of y'all. I'm the same way. I can hardley eat. I'm nauseated every minute of the day. Have thrown up a few times. Then I ended up getting a bug on top of it. So ended up in the er needing fluids. I think I'm getting better. Have lost about 20 pounds since I got pregnant. My fertility dr said as long as I drink a lot and stay hydrated and take my prenatal vitamins then ill be ok. So that's my goal for now. And praying I get better soon. I will be 9 weels on Friday. Good luck to you all!!!!

I completely feel for all of y'all. I'm the same way. I can hardley eat. I'm nauseated every minute of the day. Have thrown up a few times. Then I ended up getting a bug on top of it. So ended up in the er needing fluids. I think I'm getting better. Have lost about 20 pounds since I got pregnant. My fertility dr said as long as I drink a lot and stay hydrated and take my prenatal vitamins then ill be ok. So that's my goal for now. And praying I get better soon. I will be 9 weels on Friday. Good luck to you all!!!!

20 pounds! That's a lot of weight loss. You poor thing. I don't have it nearly as bad. Now I feel bad for complaining!

Thank you to everyone for responding!! I feel bad hearing how badly you guys are feeling, but am glad that if we all have to go through this we can take comfort in knowing we're not alone and others are experiencing the same. And birdlee337 so sorry to hear you were in the ER. :( Here's hoping that we all pull out of this soon!

I have just started trying the Unisom + Vitamin B6 combo that I read about online for morning sickness, and I checked it with my doctor. Apparently it is safe during pregnancy and helps with nausea. It doesn't make me feel 100% but it is definitely helping me to eat a little bit more. Consider it and ask your doctor if you are having trouble eating too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->