Am I a bad mother already?

Ps712

Reaction score
I've just been told that I'm being made redundant at the end if the month, not final but 99% certain. The redundancy package means that I could take up to 2 years off work if we're really careful.

It was never the plan that I would be a stay at home mum. I was going to take a short maternity leave and DH husband would give up work and take in full time child care. This made sense financially due to the difference in our wages and I was happy with this.

Everyone (family, friends, even my current employer and colleagues) are assuming that I will now take as much time off work as possible but I don't think I want too.

I have no idea how I'll feel about being a mum but I always had it in my head that I would be the one going out to work. Trying to explain this too people just makes me sounds like the worst mother in the world so I'm finding myself just nodding and going along with advice and comments that I didn't ask for and don't agree with :nope:

You're not a bad mother. Not everyone wants to stay at home with baby and that's ok. You don't have to justify that decision to anyone. I'm sorry you're being made redundant, what awful timing.

Do you have to make any decisions now? I would wait til you have had the baby and you may feel differently. My friend is very career focused but has ended up taking a full year off which she never thought she would do. There is no right or wrong and no you are not a bad mother.

So not a bad mother. This will give you more freedom to decide what works for you. X Don't let anyone make you feel bad for wanting to have a career and be a Mum. You can do both, and do both great! X

Of course your not a bad mother! The fact that your worried that you are proves you care a lot! I was made redundant at 27 weeks and tried to get a job however no one was interested at that time ! I am however planning on going back to finish my degree in August (baby will be 2 months) as this is what is best for my family! Just like you working is best for yours! You and ur OH need to do what is right for yourselves and take advice from others with a pinch of salt! I'm fed up already with the "advice " I get! Take care x

I would wait till your LO is 5/6 months and see how you feel then. I never wanted to be a SAHM but now id give my right arm not to work.

No way, you're not a bad mom. Sheesh! Being a stay-at-home parent is not for everyone! I AM one, and it drives me nuts! I want nothing more than to get away every day, and I love my LO more than anything! It's nice to get the chance to miss your baby for a while. I think it makes you appreciate them much more - actually, I know it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->