Am I a Terrible Mom?

melrae22

Reaction score
So this is our second pregnancy. We also have an outgoing, bouncy 2.5 year old girl. I am 10 weeks along and I am seriously struggling!!! I found out at 4.5 weeks that I was pregnant because I was EXHAUSTED to the point of not even being able to keep my eyes open one morning. It has not gone away at all. Everyday I drop her off at preschool, then go back to bed for 2 hours, then pick her up, and turn on disney junior. We live in Germany so there's not much of a support system to depend on. She stays home on Saturday and Sundays, and today we have literally had TV on all day. When will this ease up!? How do you women get through this! I feel like the worst mother ever, not making dinners, just quick easy pasta, or frozen pizza, dishes stacking up, clothes stay in the washer for days before put in the dryer. Its ridiculous, and I am ashamed:cry::cry:

Hang in there! You might feel better any day now. Probably just another week or two at the worst. I am also amazed at how hard first trimester is compared to late pregnancy when everyone thinks you need special accommodations made and time off or whatever. I was hopeless too but am almost normal at 17 weeks. I work from home but was barely able to concentrate for an hour a day. With my first pregnancy I took 2-3 hour naps every afternoon but with this one, I had to take care of my 3 year old. Much harder!

Take my hat off to u because I am sick , tired and just plain sick of being pregnant ( sorry but so true) how people do it with other children is beyond me - I think you're doing great and way better than me who has no children and can't move from bed most days . I already told fiancé - never again ! It's frustrating how some woman have a fantastic pregnancy and others are like us . X

So this is our second pregnancy. We also have an outgoing, bouncy 2.5 year old girl. I am 10 weeks along and I am seriously struggling!!! I found out at 4.5 weeks that I was pregnant because I was EXHAUSTED to the point of not even being able to keep my eyes open one morning. It has not gone away at all. Everyday I drop her off at preschool, then go back to bed for 2 hours, then pick her up, and turn on disney junior. We live in Germany so there's not much of a support system to depend on. She stays home on Saturday and Sundays, and today we have literally had TV on all day. When will this ease up!? How do you women get through this! I feel like the worst mother ever, not making dinners, just quick easy pasta, or frozen pizza, dishes stacking up, clothes stay in the washer for days before put in the dryer. Its ridiculous, and I am ashamed:cry::cry:

You are NOT a bad mum so stop beating yourself up! This is just a time that you need to reserve your energy for your growing baby. I'm sure you'll soon be back on your feet and out and about again.
In the meantime just do fun things at home that require minimal energy - get the play doh out, paint, whatever...
I live abroad and my husband works away a lot and I'm scared of what's going to happen over the next few weeks when he's away and I'm home alone with DD but if we have to have a month or two of Peppa Pig, then so be it. I'll make it up to her when I'm back on form. :hugs:

Ps. Anyway I look at peppa pig as education for her English...eases the guilt lol

You are not a bad mom! I understand how you feel I have a 15 month old energetic ball of fire of a son and I'm pregnant with #2. In the beginning I was so sick and tired most of the time I had my mom over a couple times a week to keep an eye on my son so I could lay down. I'm so thankful she was available and willing to help out, she was a godsend! I do feel better now but still struggle to catch up on everything. At the moment I'm able to keep up on dishes most days vacuum pick up main living areas and my sons room, but still havnt got caught up on laundry or organizing my room. But its ok we are growing a baby its hard work, plus I want to try and give my son as much 1-1 time I can before his little sister makes her appearance.

Your not hun as I've done that today had docmcstuffins dvd on as no energy to the point of tears- just managed laundry and food shop....

Feel bad not playing as much with her but know will be better after 12 weeks but she 3 1/2 and does tend on play on her own most of the time now but still the guilt is there...

Urgh such a struggle past few days been horrid can't concentrate on anything and constantly feeling sick don't help :(

Xx

I get it. I have an almost 2 year old, a 7 month old and am 7 weeks pregnant with #3. I let things go around the house but do everything I can to be with my kids. They are only little once and I already feel like I am jipping them out of time with me when they're little because I've had them back to back.

I'm the same! This is my 4th but my first 2 are 5 years apart, so when I was pregnant with them I could basically nap whenever I wanted during the day. Now I'm pregnant with an 8 month old and it's agonizing! I can only sleep around his schedule and my dishes are piling up, laundry needs to be done, etc. I'm just too exhausted!!

Thank you for posting this. I have a daughter who is 2yrs 8months and I take her out to a playgroup 4 mornings a week but the rest of the time she is watching a crazy amount of tv and movies because I just feel.too sick.and tired to do anything. I am incredibly.lucky that my OH is so understanding and he cooks tea when he gets home but it means DD goes to bed late and we usually have frozen stuff. He gets us out and about at.weekends.

We're doing the best we can, it will pass and we will be able to get back to doing fun things with our kids again xxx

Can you get a crock-pot (slow cooker) where you are? That's the only way I've been able to have dinner ready the last week- I can prep/chop veggies the evening before, throw everything in mid-morning, and it'll be hot and ready for dinner!

im exactly the same apart from working part time as well im exhauseted and my house is disgusting i just dont have the energy to sort it im on myh own at home so itll just have to wait

I thought the slow cooker idea was a good idea, but not if you're feeling ill - i found out the hard way and now not sure i can ever use my slow cooker ever again! That smell will stay with them me forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->