Am I absolutely insane?!

Ashley1012

Reaction score
I have two boys. 3 and 11 months. And I'm dying for another one. After DS 1, it took me a little over a year to even consider wanting another one. He was a very difficult baby (still a difficult child) and I had a very traumatic birth. DS2 has been a dream. Easy labor, easy baby for the most part. OH Isn't opposed to having another, just not right now. We need to get our car situation figured out, and my mother just moved in with us as she lost her job. So now definitely isn't the right time. But I seriously cannot help want another! I don't want them all too far apart in age. If I wanted the same age gap I have now, 24.5 months, I would have to be pregnant soonish, and it won't happen in the next few months. Maybe this time next year, and I'm so bummed about it.

No your not insane. If you are then I am too.:haha:. I have a four year old and a soon to be 10 month old and so broody. My 10 month old isnt the easiest baby and I go back on forth on wanting to try.

A friend of ours has three under five, and she gave birth to the third before the second was a year old! And honestly she's the happiest she's ever been, so content and in love with her family, it's really lovely.
So no you aren't insane, and good luck x

No your not insane even though I'm in a similar position to you other than i have 1 more older child and thinking about trying for a 4th! My youngest 2 are similar age to yours, i have my middle child that turns 3 this month and my youngest is nearly 9 months, there is an exact 27 months between them. Me and hubby are considering trying for a 4th next February or February 2019, I'm so back and forth over the idea and think hubby is more for it than me.

I'm not really sure. I have my days! I know we for sure will have a 3rd, it's just a matter of when! Our three year old has very challenging behavior. (We see a child psychologist once a week.) what spiraled his absolute dramatic change in behavior was the birth of DS2. So I guess I'm pretty nervous what a 3rd would do to him or even DS2 for that matter.

I just get so sad sometimes relaxing that my BABY is almost one.

I know how you feel about not being sure. I'm at the moment thinking i really do want another but this can change again and some days can change my mind in the same day.
Also the same our almost 3 year old has very challenging behaviour, she is being assessed for autism but it's pretty clear to everyone already that she does have autism, so this is one of the main reasons I'm questioning having another because autism can run in families and we aren't sure if that is the case with our family yet, our eldest definitely doesn't have autism but our youngest is a bit young to rule it out yet.
What's your partner's thoughts on another? With me it's my husband who brought the idea of another up in the first place but not asked him again for a couple of months so need to see where he's at now.

He wants another eventually, just not sure when. He definitely wants to get finances in order and get a bigger vehicle before we even talk about when to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->