Am I being pathetic???

Mummy of Ange

Reaction score
I went into labour last year at 23 weeks and lost my twins so always knew this pregnancy would be scary. We decided a big milestone for us would be to get past 23 weeks.

Today in work I decided too see when my 23 mark falls...........Friday 13th January!!!!!

I can't believe it's Friday 13th. Now it's heightened my worry even more.

I know this sounds stupid but I'm a born worrier. OH said it's just another day!!!

Awww, I'm absolutely sure it's nothing to worry about, but I can 100% see why your worried.
Why don't you plan something good to do on that day? Celebrating the milestone and give you something to look forward to? X

You are definitely not being pathetic! Its normal to worry especially after you lost your babies which I am really sorry to hear about :( but I'm sure everything will be just fine and your little baby is healthy and happy :) Try not to concentrate on the day and just the milestone that it represents :D

I went into labour last year at 23 weeks and lost my twins so always knew this pregnancy would be scary. We decided a big milestone for us would be to get past 23 weeks.

Today in work I decided too see when my 23 mark falls...........Friday 13th January!!!!!

I know this sounds stupid but I'm a born worrier. OH said it's just another day!!!

No, I don't think you are being pathetic at all!!! It's natural to worry after going through what you have!!! I do think you might just be a little paranoid about the friday the 13th thing, as it is just another day... but you have the right to be paranoid about it!!! I hope the best for you and you babies!!! Blessed be and keep us posted!!!

I'm sorry for your losses:hugs: and of course this time around your going to be scared but its just another day!
i've always looked at them as lucky days due to different personal reasons and i hope that this time round this can be a lucky day for you too! :flower:

Friday 13th is seen as lucky in the world of tattooists. To celebrate people get lucky 13s tattoos. Probably not your thing but there are flip sides to things that can seem negative. If Im ever asked to pick a number its always 13.

Hang tight, wishing you luck!

I don't think you're being pathetic! I'd be the exact same way!!
it's always hard especially after a loss, I'm so sorry about that too :(
I'm sure everything will be fine! xxxxxx

I would worry too, but I'm a big worrier!

I like the idea of planning something special for that day to celebrate making it there, then you turn it into a positive day instead of something to worry about

Of course its not pathetic after what you've been through, hugs xxx

You most definitely are not a coward. You sound incredibly brave to me. I can understand why you feel nervous of Friday 13th but have a think about it and you will see that it really is just another day and you and your baby will be absolutely fine.

As libbylou said it would be nice to plan something special that day and not think about the date, just celebrate your lovely baby :)

of course your not being pathetic you have a right to worry after your loss, but dont worry about the day or date it falls on, friday the 13th is just another day and it means nothing really, somthing bad happened on that date a few hundred years ago and the date just stuck so dont worry about that hun xx

Thanks girls, I will be fine, oh has assured me it's just like any other Friday x

Ah hon,

I can completely understand your worry. I would feel exactly the same way. My waters broke in my first pregnancy at 23 1/2 weeks and I feel that this is my first big milestone too. I will be 23 1/2 weeks on Christmas day and I'm worried about overdoing it with an excited toddler on the loose.

I will be thinking of you. Xx

I find out what the gender is of my child on that date lol..

Don't let superstitions worry you! Celebrate on Friday the 13th and turn it into a happy day for you!

probably will not help. however, i see it as very lucky! my hubby was born on a friday 13th, closed on our house on a friday 13th, got married and conceived on friday 13th! baby is due on 18th and kinda hopeing it lands on 13 hehehe I hope the best for you. good luck!

I understand this. I have a not-so pleasant pregnancy past and I really worried every time I came close to a week where I had lost a baby. I am still worrying of course, but making it to 20 and knowing my u/s is in a couple of weeks makes me feel better.

I had my daughter 35 weeks and I know when I get close to 30 weeks I will be worrying non-stop.

Hugs

You don't sound pathetic. And DON'T WORRY!!! I am a chinese, 13th Friday is just like any normal day in the calender, there is nothing to fear about.
Have faith and your bb will be very healthy little one!

So sorry for your loss last time :( And I don't think it pathetic either - I'm not superstitious but I would be worried in your situation. Sure it will all be fine this time though. H&h remainder of ya term to you x

Thanks girls for all your kind words. I think deep down i know that im going to be ok this time and that the reason last time happened was a risk of carrying multiples. I have read lots of statistics about identical twins and the outcome isnt good, so that gives me some hope.

I dont think i will fully calm down until my baby is in my arms, but getting past the 23 week term will be a massive achievement for me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->