Am I being silly?

blondey

Reaction score
I think I am having one of those days ladies :coffee:

I have read a couple of threads about teething and weaning etc, all things which will be coming up real soon for Ava-Mae.

Also we have just turned her pram into a pushchair and she's been napping in her cot in her room for a while so will be in there full time soon.

I feel like she is just growing up too quickly and it makes me sad :( I know I should be looking forward to all these things but it's all happening at once and too quickly and before I know it she won't be my baby girl anymore.

I'm not one to usually doubt my parenting skills, but I am also worried about not 'teaching' her enough and what if I'm actually a detriment to her learning?! She'll soon be at the age where she is learning lots of things and I'm scared I won't be good at helping her develop her skills.

I know I'm being silly, but I do actually feel a bit sad :cry:

Awww I know what you mean! At first I seemed to wish her weeks away cos i was excited for first smiles/laughs, holding things, holding her own head etc etc.....now i feel like my baby girl is growing waaaaay too fast.

I think at first your so caught up in just the basics of feeding, changing nappies that it doesn't occur to you that your in charge of another life, well for me thats how it was! Now she's almost 20 weeks, weaning is only a matter of weeks away and i feel clueless :shrug:

Can you sign up to a child development course? I have a lady come once a month to go through the new changes in my LO and will be going into detail about weaning etc just for that extra support!

Your going to be a great mum, the fact your worried about it just shows that. Its just scary :hugs:

it's so scary reading them, i don't want my lo to grow up at all! i haven't got a clue what i'm doing :S

It isn't silly!

I used to feel like this until she was over 6months. They suddenly do so much more and something new everyday. It is so exciting!

You'll be loving every moment!:hugs:

aw blondey :hugs: dont be a silly billy!! your not doing anything wrong and the things is just by playing with her and interacting with her your teaching her.
I had a little cry the other day because alfies 7 months now and i feel like times just flew by :cry: but as hes growing his personalities just blossoming hes such a character already. Weaning is such a pain but you get used to fitting it in and you get used to how much mess there is involved..eventually, id read up about it first as i found it really helped me to get prepared well in advance. if your doing TW annabel karmels books or websites are really helpful and if BLW so i Jill rapely's book
:hugs:

<3

:hugs: Aw chick, you're not being silly - loads of people feel like that. The only reason I can't wait for Holly to grow up is that she's been such a difficult baby. Don't worry about having to 'teach' Ava-Mae stuff. They learn so much just by looking at the world around them, and interacting with people. Hope your day gets better x x

Thanks ladies. I think reading those threads about teething/weaning etc made it really hit home that time is going so fast!

Another silly worry of mine is that when we have baby number 2, that it won't be as special. I know it will be amazing, but I have heard so many people say nothing is as special as your first. And my first is growing up too quickly!!

noooooo, your second is just as amazing as your first! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->