Am I being thick?!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Beckels, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Beckels

Beckels Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is a really stupid question, but I have just started giving LO bottles and I was wondering if I make up a 6oz feed with powder it measures as a 7oz feed in the bottle. So how do I know how much she is having if say she leaves 2oz in the bottle?? Does that even make sense?! lol! :shrug:

2. SophiasMummy

SophiasMummy Mummy to Sophia

its still considered a 6 oz feed as your putting 6oz of water and 6 scoops of formula. if sophia leaves 2oz then i just say shes got 2oz left

3. Mrs Mayhem

Mrs Mayhem Guest

Yes it makes sense! The powder always pushes the amount up, measure it from the final amount, so if it is at 7oz before you feed, and LO leaves 2 oz's then they have had 5oz.

4. WanaBaba

WanaBaba Well-Known Member

I just count it from the amount of scoops i have added, so say if i add 6 scoops and there is 1 oz left i would say lo has had 5 oz.
    Good question though :thumbup:

5. Claire300

Claire300 Mum to 2 lovely boys!

I asked my HV about this as I was confused - she said if I make a 6oz bottle count it as only having 6oz in it, so if there's 2oz left he's had 4oz.

6. stepmummy

stepmummy Well-Known Member

I guess in terms of volume they've had 7oz with 6 scoops but they're getting all the nutrition of 6oz - I would count it by the scoop :)

7. xoButterfly25

xoButterfly25 Harley's Mummy & WTT #2

I was baffled by this too and asked my HV and she said (going by what my LO is having) if I'm putting 5oz of water in and then 5 scoops and it takes it up to 6oz, it's technically still a 5oz bottle because the formula makes water rise ..so I still count it as a 5oz bottle even though it does seem like a 6oz bottle :)

8. littleone2010

littleone2010 Mum of two girls

I wrote another thread like this months ago - thank god its not just me! lol
    If you make a 7 oz bottle that when mixed it goes up to 8oz its still meant to count as 7oz even though you can get a ready moxed carton of 7oz and it obviously ooes up to 7oz its a bit weird to me even now! ha! :)

9. littleD

littleD Well-Known Member

i had been wondering this too - thanks ladies for helping me out! xx

10. Beckels

Beckels Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your replies. :flower:

Tanay, I understand what your saying about the ready made formula. Surely if your LO usually has 6oz of powder (7oz in bottle) then they would happily drink 7oz of ready made formula? Still think it's a bit odd. :wacko: