Am I being thick?!

Beckels

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a really stupid question, but I have just started giving LO bottles and I was wondering if I make up a 6oz feed with powder it measures as a 7oz feed in the bottle. So how do I know how much she is having if say she leaves 2oz in the bottle?? Does that even make sense?! lol! :shrug:

its still considered a 6 oz feed as your putting 6oz of water and 6 scoops of formula. if sophia leaves 2oz then i just say shes got 2oz left

Yes it makes sense! The powder always pushes the amount up, measure it from the final amount, so if it is at 7oz before you feed, and LO leaves 2 oz's then they have had 5oz.

I just count it from the amount of scoops i have added, so say if i add 6 scoops and there is 1 oz left i would say lo has had 5 oz.
Good question though :thumbup:

I asked my HV about this as I was confused - she said if I make a 6oz bottle count it as only having 6oz in it, so if there's 2oz left he's had 4oz.

I guess in terms of volume they've had 7oz with 6 scoops but they're getting all the nutrition of 6oz - I would count it by the scoop :)

I was baffled by this too and asked my HV and she said (going by what my LO is having) if I'm putting 5oz of water in and then 5 scoops and it takes it up to 6oz, it's technically still a 5oz bottle because the formula makes water rise ..so I still count it as a 5oz bottle even though it does seem like a 6oz bottle :)

I wrote another thread like this months ago - thank god its not just me! lol
If you make a 7 oz bottle that when mixed it goes up to 8oz its still meant to count as 7oz even though you can get a ready moxed carton of 7oz and it obviously ooes up to 7oz its a bit weird to me even now! ha! :)

i had been wondering this too - thanks ladies for helping me out! xx

Thanks for all your replies. :flower:

Tanay, I understand what your saying about the ready made formula. Surely if your LO usually has 6oz of powder (7oz in bottle) then they would happily drink 7oz of ready made formula? Still think it's a bit odd. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->