Am I being unreasonable? Chicken pox.

No way would I go if I hadn't of had it, it's meant to be nasty in adulthood and I see you're TTC, it's really bad if you're pregnant.

You're being very sensible - apart from it being a nasty illness in adults (much worse than in childhood) it's also dangerous for pregnant women and I see you're ttc.

I'd also talk to your doctor about a vaccine, it's not routine as part of the childhood immunisation schedule however as a woman who is ttc and never had it you may be entitled.

Show your husband this thread. Ask him if it's worth you getting seriously ill or risking a miscarriage if you happen to have conceived at last.

Its horrible in adulthood i wouldn't go either hun.
I think people view it as a silly easy illness because they don't remember having it, since most people have it as kids. But its not, its vile!
xx

I wouldn't go if id had it or not, aside from chicken pox there's a high risk of shingles. Some people are selfish, when dd was born we spent a week in intensive care, mainly for me but the in laws bullied us into going round just after we came out of hospital. We turned up and they had the whole family over including a 4 year old with chicken pox, who had only left just before we arrived as it was near her bedtime. They weren't going to tell us she was ill until oh asked his mum if she was ok to help with something and she replied no because the kid had chicken pox and was too ill to go out. People like your friends need to think about the risks of others and stop being selfish. Did they say anything about u not going?

No way!! Chicken pox in adults is hideous. My ex had them a few years ago and he was reeeelly poorly. Xx

I definitely wouldn't go. Just like I wouldn't take my children anywhere specifically to catch the chickenpox to get it 'over with' x

I agree with the others - it can be really nasty for adults so if I hadn't caught it as a child I'd stay well clear of it!

I wouldn't go if id had it or not, aside from chicken pox there's a high risk of shingles. Some people are selfish, when dd was born we spent a week in intensive care, mainly for me but the in laws bullied us into going round just after we came out of hospital. We turned up and they had the whole family over including a 4 year old with chicken pox, who had only left just before we arrived as it was near her bedtime. They weren't going to tell us she was ill until oh asked his mum if she was ok to help with something and she replied no because the kid had chicken pox and was too ill to go out. People like your friends need to think about the risks of others and stop being selfish. Did they say anything about u not going?

I asked OH and he was saying that its 'better to get it over with if ive never had it' :wacko: Do they not understand that its worse in adulthood?!. Ohwell! They can moan all they like, I didnt want to risk it, especially since we have been TTC for so long, id hate for somethinf terrible to happen x

Thankyou everyone! I feel much better about not going now :hugs: x

I asked OH and he was saying that its 'better to get it over with if ive never had it' :wacko: Do they not understand that its worse in adulthood?!. Ohwell! They can moan all they like, I didnt want to risk it, especially since we have been TTC for so long, id hate for somethinf terrible to happen x

Thankyou everyone! I feel much better about not going now :hugs: x

I'd say its far better to never get it in the first place, if you are able to avoid it! Why would anyone put themselves in a situation to likely get sick? I don't get that. If they had the flu, rather than chicken pox, I'm sure his response would be totally different, as then he'd be at risk of getting sick too, and wouldn't want to get sick.

The nhs absolutely refused to give it to me. Even though when I was pg the midwife said I should have been given it before ttc.
I got ds abs I vaccinated at the costly price of £90 a pop, both had to have 2 injections plus I got his mmr separately but all in all it was 500-600 quid well spent.
Xx

You should have rang your pct it's recommended that everyone over 12 who hasn't had it is given the vaccine

Nope, nhs don't give it to you it's on their website that they old give it to those with clinical need, health care workers, those in close contact with those who have a weakened immune system.
I spoke to various contacts including those given to me by a midwife and got no where.
Xx

Our gp has posters up offering the vaccine and quote some guidelines where it says it's available free to people over the age of 12 so guess it depends where you live. I know a few people who have had it free for one reason or another. We payed private though.

It's so frustrating how the NHS is a postcode lottery.

Raspberry was tha price for the chicken pox vaccine? Sorry bit confused. Would be handy if gp did it.

We payed £90 twice for the chicken pix vaccine as they need to injections

The 5-600 was for all of the injections, the chicken pox was 90 per injection and you have to have two so 180 each to be vaccinated.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->