Am I crazy to TTC our 5th in the crazy world we live in?? .... Ahhh!

cheerios

Mom of 5 (4 on earth 1 in heaven)
Reaction score
After a very long hiatus during which I was so sure I was done with my 4 kids, my husband came around and said he'd like to try for one last baby. I wasn't even so sure if I wanted a 5th, because I just turned 39 last December and what with the world going mad these days.

I always wanted a 5th child, after my 1st girl was born back in 2018. But we were building a house back then. It took us 2 years and we hit a very bad spot in our marriage pretty much right in the middle of covid - July 2020. I didn't even know if our marriage would survive, let alone be able to have a 5th. We had a 1-year relationship lockdown during which we went for regular individual and couple therapy. I spent so much time with God and clung on to the Bible's promises of God restoring my marriage and changing my heart towards my husband. After literally going through the valley of the shadow of death, emotionally and mentally in my marriage, God really brought us through the other side. My husband came back to me and we could reignite our marriage again - That was around October 2021.

We live in Germany and there's so much volatility in the Russian-Ukraine crisis, so I know this is a terrible time to try for another babe. But I've waited sooo long! 3 years pretty much. The first 2 years, I struggled so hard to surrender my desire for a 5th to the Lord. I asked the Lord to take the desire away because my husband was adamant he didn't want a 5th anymore. But the desire still lingered, somehow.

I got a very early miscarriage last year when we were actively preventing! We only had unprotected sex once on day 7 shortly after stopped bleeding. When I was late, I took a HPT and realised to my shock and horror that I was pregnant. I was so worried that my husband would flip out!

He was surprisingly positive about my BFP! He was even happy, somewhat. He said that if I could get pregnant at a time when it was pretty much almost zero chance to be pregnant, then it had to be from God. I did miscarry about 4-5 days later, so that was pretty sad. But it got the whole ball rolling about trying for a 5th. My husband became more on board.

And when the time came to start trying for a 5th, I started chickening out! My husband is more on board now.

Anyway, that was a mouthful! Would love to get more TTC buddies! How are you all doing with TTCing with all that is going on in the world around us? Any large families too? We can encourage and pray for each other expanding our families in a crazy world. With God, all things are possible right?

If ure crazy then I'm barking lol. We are ttc our 5th baby but it will be my 7th as I have 2 older grown up teens who I had with my ex.
Times are very uncertain right now. But tbh they have been for a few years what with the virus etc.
I don't think your crazy at all hon. Life has to go on and if u feel u wud like to try then I say go for it.

Nope not Crazy. I have 5 so far and currently trying for number 6 haha

If ure crazy then I'm barking lol. We are ttc our 5th baby but it will be my 7th as I have 2 older grown up teens who I had with my ex.
Times are very uncertain right now. But tbh they have been for a few years what with the virus etc.
I don't think your crazy at all hon. Life has to go on and if u feel u wud like to try then I say go for it.
LOVE your reply! Thank you! So happy to meet new BnB friends like yourself!

I've just had number 6 and will be ttc for number 7 once my af starts again x

LOVE your reply! Thank you! So happy to meet new BnB friends like yourself!

I hope it made u smile hon. Lovely making new friends like yourself too.
Come join us in the March testing group and I've also started a April group too.

We have seven between us. We had three losses last year, we wanted to try again but I was then diagnosed with CIN3 and needed treatment for that, I got a negative screening last month, thank God. My husband developed a varicocele though, which we think has caused infertility. So we really would love to have one more, but I’m now 39 and it seems like things have been working hard against us so I don’t know what will happen. It’s taken me a long time to come back here really, after the losses. It’s nice to be here, though. I hope your journey to number five is good :)

Also, I know what you mean about the world being crazy and it being a worrying time. I do think though that there isn’t an ideal time for ttc. You can’t predict what will happen in the future, so we should probably take each day as it comes and try to achieve our dreams

I was trying for my 7th but oh has said he don't want ro for health reasons, but he did say he won't be preventing himself and I've already told him I'm not preventing either so basically go with it, I'm all for live for today as you don't no what the future holds and its never a truer saying so no you are not crazy love just have a massive heart that you want to share with another babe xx

You are definitely not crazy, I thought I was for wanting one more with the way the world is right now but I’ve concluded my family gives me joy, they make my rainy days seems like bright sunny days and I just get pure love and joy watching my children grow and bloom even in this crazy world.

Hey yes I guess could say we are ntnp casually here and there number 5. Welcome :flower: don't think you are crazy at all <3

awesome news, one friend of mine has always wanted to have 5 kids. Good luck

After a very long hiatus during which I was so sure I was done with my 4 kids, my husband came around and said he'd like to try for one last baby. I wasn't even so sure if I wanted a 5th, because I just turned 39 last December and what with the world going mad these days.

I always wanted a 5th child, after my 1st girl was born back in 2018. But we were building a house back then. It took us 2 years and we hit a very bad spot in our marriage pretty much right in the middle of covid - July 2020. I didn't even know if our marriage would survive, let alone be able to have a 5th. We had a 1-year relationship lockdown during which we went for regular individual and couple therapy. I spent so much time with God and clung on to the Bible's promises of God restoring my marriage and changing my heart towards my husband. After literally going through the valley of the shadow of death, emotionally and mentally in my marriage, God really brought us through the other side. My husband came back to me and we could reignite our marriage again - That was around October 2021.

We live in Germany and there's so much volatility in the Russian-Ukraine crisis, so I know this is a terrible time to try for another babe. But I've waited sooo long! 3 years pretty much. The first 2 years, I struggled so hard to surrender my desire for a 5th to the Lord. I asked the Lord to take the desire away because my husband was adamant he didn't want a 5th anymore. But the desire still lingered, somehow.

I got a very early miscarriage last year when we were actively preventing! We only had unprotected sex once on day 7 shortly after stopped bleeding. When I was late, I took a HPT and realised to my shock and horror that I was pregnant. I was so worried that my husband would flip out!

He was surprisingly positive about my BFP! He was even happy, somewhat. He said that if I could get pregnant at a time when it was pretty much almost zero chance to be pregnant, then it had to be from God. I did miscarry about 4-5 days later, so that was pretty sad. But it got the whole ball rolling about trying for a 5th. My husband became more on board.

And when the time came to start trying for a 5th, I started chickening out! My husband is more on board now.

Anyway, that was a mouthful! Would love to get more TTC buddies! How are you all doing with TTCing with all that is going on in the world around us? Any large families too? We can encourage and pray for each other expanding our families in a crazy world. With God, all things are possible right?
TTC baby no 6 here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->