Am I crazy?

CloverMouse

Mom of 2
Reaction score
I'm kind of liking the name Bo/Beau for a girl. What do you think? Which spelling?
Or should I just tell my hormones to pipe down?

If you like it why not :)
I prefer Beau, jus cos it looks nice hahaha!

My brothers middle name is Beau and I think it is a lovely name for either a boy or girl x

I like the idea of it, its just that Beau means Boy, Young Man, male partner.

I understand the popularity of unisex names, its just I can't get pass the fact it means Man.

I'm not usually big on unisex names (despite my son beingnamed Quinn) Which is why I wonder if my hormones are taking over lol. I like it But I'm not sure I can see me making my little girl Beau. Still going with the idea though.

Perhaps I'm biased because DH is named Beau, but it's just not a female name to me.

To me, it doesn't sound like a very.... FEMALE name (I think of Bo Burnham haha). But if you like it, go for it! Hormones are there for a reason, sister :thumbup:

I also love beau for a girl my concern is that it won't grow with them is it too childish! Just my opinion as I too love it for a boy or a girl xx

My neighbors call their golden retriever Bo, so unfortunately I have that association!

I don't like it--the slang word association makes it odd to me??

I like it for either gender.

I know a young woman called Beau (friend of friend, about 25ish I think) and my 6 month old nephew is also called Beau.

There was a famous actress named Bo Derek - Google her if you've never heard of her - she is gorgeous! :flower:

I think you will prob go off this name before the baby arrives - it seems more like an "impulse" name - those pop into my head a lot too!! (In fact just last night I was trying to convince OH that "Cash" would be a great baby name to consider!!!)

I would say Beau is for a boy & Bo is for a girl (like "Little Bo Peep").

To me, Beau is clearly a boy's name. It's French for "handsome boy/man", it just sounds very odd to me as a girls name. Almost like calling your son Lady. To be honest, when I hear of a girl named Beau, the first thing I think is that her parents didn't speak French and picked a French name without bothering to look up its meaning. :nope: The female equivalent, Belle, I think works well for a girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->