am I crazy?

spicyorange

Reaction score
Does anyone else ever worry their while pregnancy is in their head? I'm debating an early scan but I'm really worried that there's no actual growing baby. Anyone else ever feel like that or am I crazy???

You are most certainly NOT crazy....despite the probably two dozen positive pregnancy tests I've taken since Christmas, I am almost convinced when I go for my ultrasound on the 15th that nothing will be in there and I'll look crazy. You're not alone!

Defo not alone. Testing everyday! Doesn't feel real yet even though I've seen a midwife and have an early scan booked. Just so worried that I'm gonna get there and there won't be a baby. Sounds daft I know!

Me!! I had to have a scan at 7 weeks because despite the BLARING pregnancy tests and progressive digis I was utterly convinced there was no baby! I'm now 10 weeks and completely symptom-less so I'm once again a wreck thinking about my 12 week scan in a couple of weeks! Really hoping this is all normal and not some sort of horrible pre-cursor!!

Youre not crazy spicy! It doesn't feel too real to me, but I do talk to jelly bean to make it more real!

We have a scan in 10 days and I am hanging out to see jelly bean is doing well! I'm sure that will ease the uncertainty!

Gotta think positive!

That's exactly how I feel! Are u guys in th uk? How did you get an early scan? My oh last night told me that I am just going to have to demand one! Lol I don't feel pregnant and I totally thought I would ...

We have a scan at 7 weeks because we conceived through ivf. They make sure it's all on track before they release you to a normal obgyn. If all goes well, we will get the ok to book an obgyn at the end of January. I also get blood tests twice a week to monitor it all.

No your not alone when I first found out with all my pregnancies it felt like a dream and I had to keep pinching myself. Even now at 11 weeks it doesn't feel real to me lol x

I felt exactly like this too right up until the little thing was on the screen using my bladder as a trampoline yesterday.

I would argue that as mothers to be we're ALL totally crazy, but in the best way, and you're in good company :haha: :hugs:

Glad it's not just me! I'm getting grumpy at OH cos I don't think he realises I'm pregnant, then I have to remind myself that sometimes I don't think I'm pregnant!:dohh::haha:

P.s just to add I have my first scan booked for the 2nd February and I'm convinced I'll see nothing.:shrug:

I feel like it's all in my head too and going to get to my early scan and I'm going to look ridiculous!

I've paid for a private scan Lucy as I've been so nervous after many miscarriages so decided to pay for it.

x

I feel like that too! Even though the nausea, sore boobs and food aversions have now kicked in, I still feel like I need some other sort of proof beyond positive tests. I have to wait two more weeks for my first scan, and I'm afraid nothing will be there...

I had some bleeding right after this post, after a very panicked call to the midwife I think the baby just wanted let me know it is there really!!! Like oi I am real! (Fx everything is ok anyway)

I think it's very easy to feel that way so early on. Until LO really makes themselves known in there with kicking, punching, and squirming, it's truly hard to believe.

I feel this way too. I feel like it's so hard to wrap my head around it. I was talking to my mom and said that I feel like I'm making it up because it's just so hard to believe. I feel like I'm in a vivid dream.

Hopefully everything is okay with your LO! Is your midwife having you go in at all? And your LO is most definitely there :)

Do many people get a private scan? Who have you booked one with? I'm tempted as I honestly feel like I'm living in fairy tale land an there isn't anything inside me at all!
And oh said there is no way he is waiting till 12 weeks to make sure :) x

Lucy just Google early scan and your area. I hasn't decided if I will or not, Dh had talked me out it right before my bleeding scare, of course I might have to have one anyway if it continues

Thanks spunky my midwife thinks it's normal but I if I'm bleeding tomorrow still they will have me in just to check.

Do many people get a private scan? Who have you booked one with? I'm tempted as I honestly feel like I'm living in fairy tale land an there isn't anything inside me at all!
And oh said there is no way he is waiting till 12 weeks to make sure :) x

I just googled and found what looks to be a good company. I have to travel 2.5 hours because of where I am which is a bit nerve wracking because of feeling dodgy haha but hopefully you will live in a more convenient area for that sort of thing!

It's cost me £99 but as far as I can see, its a million percent worth it for knowing.

x

I'm 9 weeks. Almost everyday since Finding out at 3+5 or so had been paranoia. At beginning I spent 30$ one day on tests because I thought my lines faded. I got better. Still daily nagging thoughts. Had two early scans on account of existing cyst. One only had the gest sac. So two weeks spent thinking chemical. Then I saw the nugget. Heartbeat and all. So fast forward to other night. Felt crampy. And headaches reappear( daily headaches before pregnancy). So I'm like omg. Well I just happen to work in radiology. And there is an us machine available. So I checked my babe out. Still got heartbeat. So whole point is , don't be like me and worry about every thing. So hard. Good luck ladies. Sorry long story. Hah

I was just thinking the same thing today! I could have written the same post! I want to fast forward to the 12 week scan so that I can check everything is ok but since I'm clock watching time has pretty much slowed to a standstill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->