Am I crazy?

berwar

Reaction score
I am TTC after a miscarriage around Christmas time.
Throughout this process however, I have had some ongoing stomach issues that need to be addressed.
My Gastro doctor is encouraging me to have a small bowel series test which is not recommended for pregnant women because it exposes you to a lot of radiation. At the time the test was scheduled, I would be 5 DPO and after reading the harm to fetuses I elected to postpone the test and left a message on the voicemail the drs morning.
I'm not sure if the nurse didnt understand what I was saying or if they just didnt agree with me but she called me back saying that "I need to find out as soon as I can if Im pregnant and if not then I should have the test done before I am because its needed and after pregnancy you can't have it."
While I understand the urgency here, I equally am not comfortable having this kind of test only to find out that I am pregnant a week later and would then have to fret and worry about the damage that has been done. I'd rather wait the extra week until AF comes and then schedule the test.
Am I crazy?

I didn't want to read and run but I don't have an answer for you. Ultimately your health is important and if this is an urgent issue it should be addressed immediately. The dr sounds very concerned. If you haven't O'd, I would postpone ttc for the moment and take care of your health so you can have a healthy pregnancy in the future.

Thanks for the reply Smille24. I ovulated over the weekend, either Saturday or Sunday, and they wanted to do the test Thursday. The test isn't urgent, necessarily, but more precautionary to make sure I don't have Crohn's, which the doctor said is unlikely. The doctor said that I should continue trying to conceieve as some people with stomach issues like mine actually get relief from the hormonal changes that happen during pregnancy. My main concern was just not wanting to have the test since I already ovulated and could possibly be pregnant but too early to know it, but I was wondering if that was crazy or not, since I don't actually know whether we got pregnant or not.

I'm sorry it sounded very serious and I wasn't sure if you O'd or not. Since you did, I think it's a good idea to wait just in case. Sounds like the dr isn't concerned and is giving you the green light to ttc. After clarifying, I don't think you're crazy at all. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->